RSS Mobile is a standalone app for reading news channels that does not depend on any third-party web services.
It downloads feed updates and stores them on your device for further reading.
OPML-file import/export are supported, so you may perform migration easily.
RSS Mobile is free and does not contain ads.
- Adding news channel by its direct address
- Adding website channels
- OPML-file import support (file can be uploaded via iTunes File Sharing or imported from Mail or other apps)
- Export of all feeds in OPML format. Exported file can be downloaded via iTunes or attached to Email message.
- Convenient offline reading
- Fullscreen reading mode for posts (tap to enter)
- Move to the next post by dragging gesture
- Show all/Unread only switch in every folder
- Grouping of feeds by categories
- Ability to refresh a group of feeds or a single feed
- Refreshing continues in background if the app resigns active
- Sharing posts via Email, Twitter and Facebook
- Text sizing (can be set in Settings > General)
- Embedded web browser
- Images saving
Any questions? Feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- iPad Support
- Visual improvements & bug fixes
More updates on their way!
Ratings and Reviews
Finally, a REAL RSS reader.
This app does *exactly* what an RSS reader is SUPPOSED to do. It's not like any of those fancy "readers" that just shove a whole bunch of curated content that you don't care about in your face (you know which ones I'm talking about). You import your RSS feeds of choice, it fetches them, end of story. As someone who is currently trying to migrate from the dinosaur that is Opera Mail, this is an absolute godsend. (By the way, importing from Opera worked flawlessly! Thank you for implementing OPML *correctly*!)
My only criticisms are that the app doesn't integrate with Safari to fetch RSS URLs from sites that offer them, which would be enormously helpful, but probably difficult to implement, and there are quite a few spelling mistakes in the interface (I'm assuming the developer's first language is not English).
Great App, Does What it Needs to
I got this app mainly because I wanted to import my RSS feeds through OPML and it work seemlessly.
I notice one bug however, when importing an OPML export from a RSS reader such as Bamboo for Firefox, the feed categories get imported into the App, but the RSS feeds don't. It ends up being just a list of empty categories. Had to use another PC RSS reader app to export/import/export/import so that I can get an OPML file without categories.
But still, great app. Use it every day!
I love the simplicity of this reader. The OPML import works great. However, I can't find any way to add feeds or categories now that my original import is loaded. I can't change basic settings like how many articles to store for each feed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.