By François Goldgewicht
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RSS Runner is the fastest and simplest feed reader for iPod Touch and iPhone !
- Multitasking fast-app switching: you can leave the application and back later, picking up right where you left off (no need to wait for the application to reload)
- Multitasking background execution and local notifications: you can start downloading all feeds and then leave the application, it will alarm you as soon as download is completed
- High-definition images: application images have been designed to improve your experience on iPhone 4 Retina display screen
Intuitive and highly useable interface :
- View feed item Web pages without opening Safari
- No ads if you do not want
- No need to create any account: install and enjoy !
Complete feed management :
- 9 supported feed formats !
- Add feeds directly or using the embedded Web search engine
- Add feeds by importing an OPML file exported from your favorite reader, or by importing feeds from your Google Reader account
- Edit, delete or mark feeds as read
- Sort your feeds by title, unread count or custom position
- Search feed items by keyword
- Mark your favorite feed items to keep them
Advanced offline feed management :
- On-device storage of your feeds: read them everywhere, even offline !
- Easily track progress of your feed updates and continue to read items
Description, support and next features available on: http://www.golden-apps.com
What's New in Version 0.994
Fixed the "hidden search text field on iOS 7" bug and minor bugs.
Great app, minor fixes would make it 5 stars
This app has been great to use, only a few minor adjustments that would be nice to see. Most important, fix the glitch where rotating the screen takes you back to the beginning of the feed or add an in-app portrait lock. Ability to delete or clear out unread feeds would be nice, as would auto download of images at the time the feed is downloaded. Lastly color coded up/down arrows corresponding to read status would be useful. Still a great app though, thanks!
Update: instead of making a few minor updates to make this a great app, the developers wasted their time on the absolutely horrible and unusable Newsvibes. The good news, in comparison to that steaming pile of crap, I now rate this app 5 stars. Well done.
Alas, time to move on
Update: this used to be my go to app for years but rather than make a version 2 of this awesome app the developer tried to reinvent it with a new company and app called NewsVibes. As much as I hate to say it the new app was terrible and the company folded. Meanwhile the development on RSS Runner stagnated so I have reluctantly moved on to something else.
Original review: This app allows you to turn ads off but I like to leave them on to support the developers. Before they innocuously appeared only on the home page but no they're appearing inline with the feed items themselves. In landscape mode this leaves less than 50% of the screen for the article. So I was forced to turn ads off completely.
Unfortunately I can't support the developers by paying for the app. I'd be willing to pay $2.99 for an ad-free version.
Favorite RSS Reader
This app is the standard by which I judge RSS reader apps. I don't need the flash and extra features that other RSS readers. This one does what I need. I add feeds, check for updates, and have new articles to read, sorted by site, just like I like.
I was looking forward to RSS Runner 2 (released as "Newsvibes") to see what new features would be introduced to enhance RSS Runner. However, I was unimpressed with Newsvibes.
Additionally with the release of Newsvibes, we were also introduced to the incessant nagging within RSS Runner to "try Newsvibes!" I did, was disappointed, and now I can't disable the all-too-frequent, screen-consuming reminder to try it.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 16, 2013
- Version: 0.994
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Francois Goldgewicht
- © Francois Goldgewicht
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.