**Please visit our website or search for "RTF Write" in the iOS App Store to download the iOS version, it's free!**
RTF Write is a powerful new RTF and PDF (Rich Text Format, PDF) Editor for iOS and OS X! Featuring full iCloud document synchronization, RTF in multiple styles, sizes, and colors; as well as PDF Viewing/Creating/Annotation; RTF Write makes it super easy to create in two of the most popular word processor formats while still being incredibly powerful! And the best part is RTF Write is free for iOS and only $2.99 (U.S.) on OS X!
- iCloud document synchronization; RTF Write keeps all your documents up to date on all your iOS and OS X devices (iPhone, iPad, and Mac)
- RTF/RTFD Read/Write support; easily Create and Edit Rich Text with multiple styles, alignment, font sizes, color, shadows, line spacing, and more -- one of the most popular word processor formats widely compatible across OS X, Windows, and Linux
- PDF Creation/Viewing/Annotation -- On OS X add text, shapes, lines, markup and more; on iOS draw diagrams, take notes, grade documents, sign documents with Freehand writing. (Large PDF documents in iCloud, such as large eBooks, are not recommended)
- DOC and DOCX Viewing on iOS, DOC/DOCX Read/Write support on OS X
- Export as PDF makes it easy to annotate PDF's (iOS only) for grading papers, making corrections, or signing documents
- Revolutionary PDF Magnifer feature makes it super easy to take Notes and automatically save as PDF (iOS only)
- Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use!
- Updated User Interface
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
Ratings and Reviews
As an avid writer, I am very pleased with the introduction of the word count feature that another reviewer had mentioned was missing in the last version. The iOS app is great, too. The app runs well and is reliable. As a novelist, I like to organize my writings in seperate RTF files within folders. This program is perfect for that. It also integrates seamlessly with iCloud.
It would be fantastic if the developers could integrate a zoom function that doesn’t alter the size of the text but still making it larger and easier to read. As a cross platform user, I’ve noticed that Times 13 on a Windows computer on an HD monitor renders at a much different size than Times 13 on a Macbook Pro with a Retina screen.
Absolute perfection when time is of the essence
I only had to use this app for five minutes to love it. It opens very quickly and allows me to quickly write and/or edit the wide variety of the document formats I use for making notes. I have hundreds of files that contain my notes, and I was burdened by a plethora of apps that opened very slooowly, then loaded my documents very sloooowly. Of the 1200 apps I have, this is the only app I have ever considered wishing I could give 6 stars to it.
good, but some annoyances
I use RTF Write all the time for keeping notes, it works well. I started using it because the Apple TextEdit app had become unuseable due to bugs (this was early 2018). It’s great that there is also an iOS app. I’m able to access my RTF files that are sync to iCloud on Mac or iPhone.
1. It doesn’t remember your choices for the Edit>Substitutions menus. I have to turn on “Smart Links” every time I open a document! Extremely annoying.
2. It doesn’t remember the size (or position) that you had the document last set to.
3. They don’t respond to support questions.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.