*** The iOS 8.3 update cause a problem with the settings window, try to fix with a rebuild ***
Rudidrum it's the perfect tool to learn rudiments.
It's like having a virtual teacher at home.
Improve precision, accuracy, speed, consistency and stability.
Rudidrum is a must.
- Forty rudiments to choose from
- Metronome on/off
- Tempo speed 20-240 BPM
- Smooth 3D animation
- Visual precount
- Training mode (Running man button)
In training mode, you choose a rudiment and you start at the desired speed.
After a number of measures the application pauses, increase the speed and restart.
This allows you to focus on your training without touching the interface.
- Rate me button: To help the future development.
- Suggestions button: If you have any requests or comments.
- Settings button: Adjust the volumes and others parameters.
Fix the Drag rudiments, thanks to John M Jr.
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth it
I never really write reviews on aps but I felt compelled to write about this one. On a whim I bought a set of electronic drums and decided to teach myself how to play. (Great stress relief) I have spent a rather large chunk of change on online lesson packs with hours of lesson videos and after about 10 minutes of using this app, I feel like this is the best couple of bucks I could have possibly spent. It's simple and to the point and I like how it slowly speeds up so as a beginner, I can easily tell what I need to work on. My online lesson videos take forever and the guy goes from slow to warp speed and I never catch up and get frustrated. With this, I don't have to stop and load the next video when I want to try a new rudiment, and I can go at my own pace. I do wish I didn't have to scroll through each rudiment if I want to jump around, but it's still better then waiting for a video to load. Well worth it
I started using the app right away with my students. We are enjoying it very much. They started playing the assigned rudiments with more control, accuracy and speed. They play along with me during the lesson but now they can have the app the rest of the week. I'm pushing for them to purchase it!
Suggestions and corrections...
1. The metronome is placed on the wrong beat with all the drag rudiments. It drops the downbeat on the first note of the drag. For instance with the right drag (LLR) the metronome falls on the first L and should fall on the RH quarter note downbeat. The LL are the grace notes before the downbeat.
2. Would it be possible to include variations or inversions? I.E. Rolls in 6/8 & 4/4. Rolls starting on and off the beat (starting on 1, e, +,a). Six Stroke Roll subdivided with 16th note triplets.
Great start!!! Can't wait for updates and to work with it again with my students!!!
A must have for the serious drummer
If you are serious about drumming, you need to master the rudiments. And Rudidrum helps you do just that, learn and master the drum rudiments. So if you are serious about becoming a real drummer, just buy the app, get busy, get better.
If you are looking for a game, this is not it. There are plenty of drum and music games in the App Store. This is a serious training tool for real drummers of all levels.
Get the app, your practice pad, and sticks. Use it every day as part of your practice routine, you will see the results on the kit in no time. Not only you will learn and master the rudiments, your finger control will improve as well.
-Big Al Knine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.