The landmark pediatrics reference – completely reinvented by an all new team of editors
Rudolph's Pediatrics has virtually defined the pediatric field for over a century, becoming one of the most important and well-respected pediatrics texts ever published. Renowned for its balance of clinical features and treatment of disease with underlying biological principles, this classic sourcebook has helped generations of pediatricians optimize their care of infants, children, and adolescents. The Twenty-Third Edition of Rudolph's has been completely restructured and streamlined thanks to an all new team of editors whose goal was to reinvent this classic with today’s busy practitioner in mind.
Presented in full color, the Twenty-Third Edition provides an up-to-date, in-depth survey of pediatric medicine unmatched by any other text. With its algorithmic approach to pediatric systems, the book facilitates the diagnosis and treatment of both common and uncommon pediatric illnesses; and it reflects new technologies and advances in molecular medicine that continue to evolve with current thinking about normal childhood development and pediatric disease processes.
• New team of editors achieves consistency in both tone and depth of content
• Contributions from section editors and authors from leading academic pediatrics programs give expert coverage of general pediatrics and all of the pediatric sub-specialties
• Streamlined and consistent format for most chapters outlining Pathogenesis and Epidemiology, Clinical Manifestations, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
• Hundreds of full-color illustrations and tables
• The acclaimed balance between clinical applicability and underlying biological principles offers pediatricians a depth of coverage not found anywhere else
• Brand new or significantly revised chapters include: Complementary and Integrative Pediatrics, Childhood Adversity and Toxic Stress, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Pediatric Depression and Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), Palliative Care for Children with Chronic Diseases, Arboviruses (with new coverage of Zika virus and chikungunya virus), Physiologic Basis of Pulmonary Function; Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia; Neuroblastoma
No Internet connection needed to view the app after it has been downloaded. It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval. This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The search tool shows you suggestions that appear in the text as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling medical terms. It also remembers past search terms so you can go back to a topic or image very easily. You can also create notes and bookmarks separately for chapters and images to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
Check out www.usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app is based on the full content of Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Mark W. Kline, MD Physician-in-Chief, Texas Children’s Hospital
J.S. Abercrombie Professor and Chairman
Ralph D. Feigin Chair
Department of Pediatrics
Baylor College of Medicine
Susan M. Blaney, MD
Daniel J. Penny, MD, PhD
Angelo P. Giardino, MD, PhD
Gordon E. Schutze, MD
Jordan S. Orange, MD, PhD
Lara S. Shekerdemian, MD, MHA
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
- Usatine Media LLC
- 552.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.