Ruff’s Bone - interactive storybook in English and Spanish
By Wanderful, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Winner of the EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD from Children's Technology Review
• Winner of a 2013 PARENTS' CHOICE Recommended Award Honor
• A fully interactive storybook for young and emerging readers
• Based on the award winning title originally published by Living Books
"Ruff's Bone is an animated interactive storybook that follows Ruff the dog's zany hunt for his bone from the yard next door to another planet and back home again. Almost every object is animated and our kid testers had predictable fun searching for the hidden animated surprise on each page. Tension builds as users try to beat Ruff in finding his bone. This app is based on the gifted Eli Noyes' book of the same title.
The developer is to be commended for advancing reading skill development in a well-crafted, extremely intelligent manner."
- Jo Hunter ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! Ruff’s Bone is an imaginative and interactive reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this remarkable story to life. Read and play along as the Ruff searches for his bone – from the bottom of the ocean to another planet. Will he find his bone and bring it back to his master?
• Interactive storybook in English and Spanish
• Change language from any page in the story
• 12 fully animated and adventurous pages
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning – tap on any word to hear it spoken
• A hidden animated surprise on each page –can you find Ruff’s bone before he does?
• Move between pages with the new scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 32 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free Preview of the Ruff's Bone Classroom Activities guide
• The full 66 page Ruff’s Bone Classroom Activities guide is available as a premium in-app upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Ruff’s Bone provides your family, children and students with hours of story play.
Ruff’s Bone is written by Oscar-nominated Eli Noyes, whose work includes projects for Sesame Street, HBO, Scholastic, Nickelodeon, MTV, Pixar, Disney and Oxygen Media.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. This app:
• does not collect any information
• does not contain ads
• contains an in-app purchase
• includes active links to websites or social networks, but ONLY from the PARENTS and TEACHERS pages, not from the storybook pages
• uses analytics to improve our app experience, and only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
What's New in Version 1.1
Changed the default Page Story Completion setting to OFF
Updated information about Wanderful Apps
From the developer...
Whenever customers have a problem, we can help them if they will contact us. Only a very few have any problems, but occasionally there is a bad review that is posted without trying to contact us for help. Please contact us first - we can help!
If you ever have a problem of any kind please contact us and we will make sure you are happy or refund your purchase! We only make great apps and want happy customers.
We love Ruffs Bone. I remember this on the computers in the public library back in the 90's and it is great to see such kid friendly animation back on the screen. My teen son even likes it! The sound effects, music and cartoony style make this a family favorite and it promotes reading too. Very creative! I cannot say enough good stuff, buy it, you won't be sorry.
PS wait for Ruff to do his dance on the title screen, the song is catchy!
Brings back great memories!!!!
When I found out about this, I thought it was too good to be true cause this game was only made for DOS computers and being that its 2013 it's very hard to come by with a DOS computer that's in good condition so when I found this and $5 is a little pricey but its well worth it, even being as an adult this is great and I well recommend it for kids :D
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 16, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 82.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wanderful, Inc.
- © 2013, Wanderful, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases