>> Ruismaker FM requires iPad 4, Mini 2, iPhone 5S or higher <<
Here comes the the crazy twin-sister of Ruismaker, designed for people who want to design their own percussion sounds from scratch.
Ruismaker FM's simple, yet flexible synthesis engine lets you create anything from snaredrums, kickdrums and spacy toms to weird and unconventional percussive sounds and effects.
Ruismaker FM is a unique drumsynth plugin (i.e. it does not use samples), which is coupled with a creative Euclidean sequencer when run in standalone mode.
The plugin is fully AUv3 (Audio Unit) compatible:
- Seamless integration with Garageband and other AU hosts
- Audio Unit Instrument: making music on iOS doesn't get more convenient
- Each sound is modeled using authentic analog and FM algorithms;
- Comes with dozens of unique customizable models
- Does not use any samples; all sounds are synthesized in realtime, on the fly
- Light on the CPU, so you can run lots of Ruismaker FMs simultaneously
- Fully automatable parameters (requires host support) and MIDI CC controllable
- Has its own preset manager
The standalone sequencer is refreshingly different:
- Program patterns using Euclidean algorithms
- Powerful random feature and mutation probability settings per channel
- Syncs with Ableton Link or MIDI Clock
- Exports WAV and MIDI
- Compatible with Audiobus 3 (including MIDI IN/OUT mode)
- CoreMIDI In and Out
- AU MIDI output for on-screen pads
User manual available on Ruismaker.com
Minor improvements, built with iOS 11.3 SDK
Ratings and Reviews
Active and Responsive Developer, Great Sounds, AUv3 what more could you want!
I own every product from this developer. I am in support of developers embracing the AUv3 standard, especially when it sounds this good. Lots of consistency and simple, but powerful control options. Lots of constant updates with new features. Highly recommended.
Great! An instant favorite!
Ruismaker FM's twin, Ruismaker is hands-down my favorite drum app. Now Ruismaker FM extends that same clean and simple concept into new but related territory. Ruismaker does a great job at providing an endless palette of electronic drum sounds. Ruismaker FM rounds that out with the ability to create an amazing range of percussive sounds. Between these two apps, I hardly ever use any of my "electronic" drum apps any more. I have a lot, and they do a good job, but this is just so much more fun! Great job Bram Bos!
[update 25-Aug-2017] Wow! The newly added sequence generator is brilliant. So fun and easy to use. I didn't think this app could get better, but it has in a beg way!! Thanks!
Great follow-up to the original Ruismaker
If I'm being honest, both Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM get celebrated as much due to the rarity of AU-compatible instrument apps (still in mid-2016) as for their actual quality, but FM is a great app in its own right with an FM twist on a traditional drum machine. These apps integrate very nicely inside of a DAW that can accommodate AU (like GarageBand, Cubasis, or MultiTrackStudio). Would like to see some additional presets down the road (can never have enough) and maybe some more tweaks to the UI and assigning MIDI notes, but it's a great value and more likely to get use than some others due to the AU functionality.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.