A different kind of drumsynth. Ruismaker Noir presents a hybrid approach between synthesized drums and rhythmic bass sounds - coming together in the fully integrated step sequencer. Throw in a nasty, dirty personality and you get something really new for the iOS platform.
Although Noir has a monophonic synthesis engine, the clever interplay with the sequencer and plethora of pitch/velocity modulation options can make it sound like many different sounds are playing, seamlessly blending into each other.
- AUv3 (Audio Unit) plugin, with integrated sequencer
- Basic standalone mode for tinkering or preset creation*
- Universal; runs on any iDevice with iOS10 or higher
- All parameters accessible via MIDI CC and AU Params
- AU MIDI output from sequencer (requires iOS11+)
- Fullscreen plugin GUI in all compatible hosts
- Modest CPU and resource loads
- Handcrafted in the Netherlands
User manual available on ruismaker.com
* note: the basic standalone mode does not offer connectivity. Use the AUv3 plugin mode for complex setups with multiple apps and synchronization requirements.
Deals with some minor shenanigans.
Ratings and Reviews
Mind. Blown. Seriously.
Oh my, this app is soooo good! Just when I thought I had every drum / percussive app I could ever use, Bram Bos has managed to come up with something so different and deep, but somehow so easy to get fantastic new and inspiring sounds and grooves that I’m literally blown away!
I NEEDED this in my life without even knowing it. Awesome, awesome, awesome. ❤️
The only thing I miss a lot is the multiple patterns and the pattern tools such as left / right shift, that are present in Bram’s other sequencers. But, even missing that it’s still a five star app if there ever was one.
Supreme IDM beat generator
Ok, so it’s a tie with Ripplemaker, but this is my favorite drum machine for synthesized type crazy beats. Seek beats is also fabulous and I imagine running them together. This thing is dirty and weird but has a unique vibe so it can be showered off for the lady’s if needed; haha really though I just need to try the midi but if that’s ace then we are piloting a grand synthdrum ship. Hails mate, keep up the innovation.
Ps- jr hexatone was IDM king but it no longer runs or is updated.
One of the best
One of the best iOS music apps by one of the best iOS music app developers. Dark and gritty sounds and an experience that rewards digging in and experimenting. Flexible enough to go beyond drum and bass sounds - try using it with a MIDI keyboard. A "must have".
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.