>> Ruismaker requires iPad 4, Mini 2, iPhone 5S or higher <<
What the reviews say:
"A must-have drum synth for electronic music lovers on iOS" - Keyboard Mag
"All of this comes together in a vision that’s really playable [...] this is another excellent choice for the iPad." - CreateDigitalMusic
"Small, compact and easy to use, Ruismaker is both inexpensive and a perfectly credible choice if you are after solid drum synth sounds." - MusicAppBlog
Ruismaker is a unique drumsynth plugin (i.e. it does not use samples), which is coupled with a creative Euclidean sequencer when run in standalone mode.
The plugin is fully AUv3 (Audio Unit) compatible:
- Seamless integration with Garageband and other AU hosts
- Audio Unit Instrument: making music on iOS doesn't get more convenient
- Each sound is modeled using authentic analog and FM algorithms;
- Comes with dozens of unique customizable models
- Does not use any samples; all sounds are synthesized in realtime, on the fly
- Emulates analog components, introducing subtle, natural fluctuations in the sound
- Light on the CPU, so you can run lots of Ruismakers simultaneously
- Fully automatable parameters (requires host support) and MIDI CC controllable
- Has its own preset manager
The standalone sequencer is refreshingly different:
- Program patterns using Euclidean algorithms
- Powerful random feature and mutation probability settings per channel
- Syncs with Ableton Link or MIDI Clock
- Exports WAV and MIDI
- Compatible with Audiobus 3 (including MIDI IN/OUT mode)
- CoreMIDI In and Out
- AU MIDI output for the on-screen pads
User manual available on Ruismaker.com
Minor improvements, built with iOS 11.3 SDK
Ratings and Reviews
First off. It’s not a drumsynth.
It’s a virtual analog drum machine with preset sounds that gives you a few basic parameter controls. Definitely not “all the important functions” you’d expect. Sounds are nice I’ll give it that. But I bought this thinking drum synth. Not a preset drum machine. YES there is a difference. And if like me you purchase this only to find out it’s not what you thought (going off of the vague description) and you should want your money back minutes after purchasing
Lol welllllll. Don’t expect one.
There’s no receipt and no other way to go about trying other than developers. Which are already givin me problems. Lol it’s 5$ guys. Geez refund my purchase and I might still purchase the fm drumsynth y’all have. Which actually seems like a REAL drumsynth
Sorry to hear this drumsynth is not what you expected. Yes, it is a drumsynth: all drum sounds are fully synthesized in realtime without using a single sample. Regarding the refund: I have explained to you that all refunds have to go through Apple. I have even emailed you a link which explains how to do that. That's all I can do from my end, you have to request the refund yourself - that's Apple's procedure.
Great drum sounds
It’s so easy to reach for BB audio units because they’re so immediate and elegantly designed. These are all 5 star apps, but as an audio unit it’s not possible to switch active pad for live tweaking without triggering the pad. It’s also not easy to tell which pad is which sound while in audio unit mode because the labels don’t come up until you trigger the pad/sound. If the (kind of pointless) numbers beneath the pads were replaced with abbreviations instead of numbers, and if there were a way to switch active pad without triggering it I’d use it twice as much and I’d immediately come back and give this 5 stars.
Active and Responsive Developer, Great Sounds, AUv3 what more could you want!
I own every product from this developer. I am in support of developers embracing the AUv3 standard, especially when it sounds this good. Lots of consistency and simple, but powerful control options. Lots of constant updates with new features. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.