>> Ruismaker requires iPad 4, Mini 2, iPhone 5S or higher <<
What the reviews say:
"A must-have drum synth for electronic music lovers on iOS" - Keyboard Mag
"All of this comes together in a vision that’s really playable [...] this is another excellent choice for the iPad." - CreateDigitalMusic
"Small, compact and easy to use, Ruismaker is both inexpensive and a perfectly credible choice if you are after solid drum synth sounds." - MusicAppBlog
Ruismaker is a unique drumsynth plugin (i.e. it does not use samples), which is coupled with a creative Euclidean sequencer when run in standalone mode.
The plugin is fully AUv3 (Audio Unit) compatible:
- Seamless integration with Garageband and other AU hosts
- Audio Unit Instrument: making music on iOS doesn't get more convenient
- Each sound is modeled using authentic analog and FM algorithms;
- Comes with dozens of unique customizable models
- Does not use any samples; all sounds are synthesized in realtime, on the fly
- Emulates analog components, introducing subtle, natural fluctuations in the sound
- Light on the CPU, so you can run lots of Ruismakers simultaneously
- Fully automatable parameters (requires host support) and MIDI CC controllable
- Has its own preset manager
The standalone sequencer is refreshingly different:
- Program patterns using Euclidean algorithms
- Powerful random feature and mutation probability settings per channel
- Syncs with Ableton Link or MIDI Clock
- Exports WAV and MIDI
- Compatible with Audiobus 3 (including MIDI IN/OUT mode)
- CoreMIDI In and Out
- AU MIDI output for the on-screen pads
User manual available on Ruismaker.com
Minor improvements, built with iOS 11.3 SDK
Ratings and Reviews
Best dev best apps
Just wanted to say thanks, and that on a 3rd gen IPad Pro, you are one of, or possibly the only developer that is good enough that all of your apps are FULLY functional, I’ve wasted like 200 bucks on apps that half/don’t work at all on new devices/ios12. You give me hope that I didn’t waste 1400 bucks on an IPad that I mainly got for mobile audio production. Moog pooped the bed, sugarbytes pooped the bed, and so did most others, there are few apps that are fully functional and don’t have audiobus zombie background use and 70% cpu usage. I seriously have to hard reset brand new IPad after attempting to use 30 dollar apps.
Thanks again keep it up, cuz you totally win at this point in the app game. You made higher paid devs look completely incompetent.
Nice beefy low end
Good, warm, natural analog drum sounds, but not super tweakable. I prefer ruismaker fm, but this one is nice for classic roland 808 sounds. Add in a nice compressor and it really bangs
Great drum sounds
It’s so easy to reach for BB audio units because they’re so immediate and elegantly designed. These are all 5 star apps, but as an audio unit it’s not possible to switch active pad for live tweaking without triggering the pad. It’s also not easy to tell which pad is which sound while in audio unit mode because the labels don’t come up until you trigger the pad/sound. If the (kind of pointless) numbers beneath the pads were replaced with abbreviations instead of numbers, and if there were a way to switch active pad without triggering it I’d use it twice as much and I’d immediately come back and give this 5 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.