By Andrew Kazmierski
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A ruler is a simple tool — modest yet necessary, needed by everybody now and then.
“Ruler” is the ruler reinvented for a world where we all want to use less to do more, wherever, whenever.
While conventional rulers involve mentally discerning measurements from small markings, using Ruler is just a matter of dragging the pointer: Precise, fully formatted measurements appear instantly. It makes wooden rulers feel so… analog.
• Pointer with digital readout. Line it up & get a precise measurement, instantly. Displays fractions for inches, decimals for centimeters.
• Extending action. Just swipe. Measuring tape without the bulge in your pocket.
• Visual “How To” for measuring objects larger than your device.
• LED scrap paper. Save measurements. See what you measured and when.
• One-tap conversion between US & metric systems — even for past measurements.
• Copy & paste values into other apps like Calculator and Mail.
With a fun and tactile design, Ruler’s like a toy for adults and kids alike. Math homework just got easier.
Environmentally friendly, sustainable. Made with 100% recycled binary. Free minute-or-under shipping to your home in the global village.
“Ruler 2: As Good as an iPhone Ruler Can Get” -Gizmodo
“Despite technological leaps and bounds in nearly all aspects of our lives over the last century, today’s typical ruler is virtually the same as it was 100 years ago. But if app developers Andrew and Alexa Kaz have their way, the stubbornly analog ruler may become a thing of the past.” -Macworld
CONTEST KICKS OFF!
In celebration of our release, we’re giving away a brand new iPod touch (with Retina display & FaceTime), iPod nano, Apple TV, and iPod shuffle! Visit our website to enter. http://rulerapp.com
What's New in Version 2.0
Ruler 2 is completely rethought & redesigned for far better usability (and fun). We realized we did a half-assed job last time, so we made a new app. This time, we're proud.
• Form and function.
• Save your measurements.
• See inch values as fractions.
• Visual "How To" walks you through measuring long objects.
• Beautiful on iPhone 4's retina display.
If you enjoy the new Ruler, please rate it or leave us a nice review! :)
CONTEST KICKS OFF!
In celebration of our release, we're giving away a brand new iPod touch (with Retina display & FaceTime), iPod nano, Apple TV, and iPod shuffle! Visit our website to enter. http://rulerapp.com
Better than nothing. Any measurements longer than your screen will be approximate. It's the equivalent of taking a physical three inch ruler and marking on your object where the end of the ruler is, then laying it down for the next three inches, etc. The larger your object is, the less accurate your measurement.
Tried it on the iPhone and had to get it for the iPad...worth the dollar. So worth it and easy to measure.
Broken with iOS 6.1 and iPad3
The numbers on the pointer is a garbled character set which makes the app useless. The Developer Website does not exist anymore and no way to contact them. I wanted a simple ruler without ads, but this isn't the one to get. Buyer Beware!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 20, 2010
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Andrew Kazmierski
- © 2010 Andrew & Alexa
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.