Ruler and Compass Geometry is for teachers and high school mathematics students whose course includes the study of geometrical constructions using a straight edge, compass and angle measurer.
This app is perfect for demonstrating or practising geometrical constructions such as perpendicular bisector, angle bisector, or answering a range of problems that involve these.
1) Easy to use interactive ruler and pencil, adjustable compass with pencil, and angle measurer.
2) Easy to use controls allow the tools to be moved and rotated easily around the screen before using them to construct answers.
3) Choose to use a blank canvas to create your own constructions or try the 32 built in questions to demonstrate and practise your skills.
4) Answers that you construct for the 32 built in questions are marked within the app. giving immediate feedback to the user.
5) All diagrams are saved automatically and can be easily reset to use again and again.
6) Short videos to show how to do basic constructions such as a perpendicular bisector or angle bisector are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs A "Snap" Feature
This is a great little tool. But it would be enormously more satisfying if it had some sort of relative positioning recognition so that the point of the compass or edge of the ruler or point of the pencil could sit perfectly at the conjunction of two lines, or a line and an arc, or two arcs... This is the kind of thing that Photoshop does well, not leading the user, but just tugging at a likely intersection... Otherwise all the precision is kind of wonky ... the ruler or the compass pin or the pencil moves a little when I lift my finger...
Wish I could import PDF files to the blank canvas
I'd like to use this app in my classroom. It would be ideal if you could import PDF files into the blank canvas so I can demonstrate the constructions on
the same worksheets students are working on.
Wow, this feels very old. Could be a good app, just needs a fresh overhaul. Please add support for Apple Pencil as well.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.