By Games Factory Online
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You can now play Rummikub® on your iPhone and iPod Touch. The unique combination of tactical thinking, luck and tense competition has made this classic family game one of the most successful puzzle games for the past 50 years. Arrange the tiles to create the smartest color and number combinations. Play against 4 computer opponents and choose between 3 difficulty levels. Will you be the first who will have placed all tiles?
Rummikub® Game Features:
- Official game rules.
- Single player against four computer opponents.
- Three levels of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced.
- Auto tile sorting color, value or sets.
- Adjustable time limit per turn; 1, 2 or 5 minutes or no time limit.
- Auto save game.
For questions please read our FAQ first on:
For help, support, updates and if you are a fan, you can like/follow us here:
You can also send an email to:
If you want to know more about our developer:
Rummikub® is a Registered Trade Mark. 1950, 2012 Hertzano Israel, All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
If you experience the game crashing a lot after updating to iOS 6.0 (or greater). Please try rebooting or restoring your device.
Added Chinese localization.
Good but needs tweaks
I love this game but I would love it to be fixed for maximum enjoyment. The main problem is that when it's the computer opponents turn, the tiles are randomly shuffled around the board in a confusing manner. I literally set my phone down while waiting for the "other players" to go. This is a huge waste of time! If I wanted to wait for other people to go, I would not be playing against the computer and no real player would move the tiles around.
Other than that, my options for organizing the tiles in my hand are limited. It would be nice to add an option to allow me to put them where I want them without forced organization by sets or colors. I'd also love to be able to play and keep my music on at the same time like other games allow.
Lastly, I disagree with the other reviewers comments about knowing how many tiles my opponents have. Yes, it would be easier, but in the real box game, any smart player isn't going to reveal how many tiles are left in his/her hand. The rules that this version uses are already a bit lenient and knowing opponent's tile number would be unrealistic and make the game too easy.
All this said, I'm only taking the time to write a review because I really like the app. It'll be great once I don't have to sit around and wait for the computer to take its turn.
NOT original rules!
Which explains why it is hard to play - when I play by the RULES.
I quote here from the ORIGINAL rules:
A joker can be retrieved from a set on the table by a player who can replace it during his turn with a tile of the same numerical value and color it represents. The tile used to replace the Joker must come from a player's rack and not from the table. (Reference to example skipped). A Joker that has been replaced must be used in the player's same turn with 2 or more tiles FROM HIS rack to make a new set.
You cannot move a Joker around willy nilly as you have in these rules! You have to be able to replace the tile the Joker represents and THEN play the Joker with 2 or more tiles from your rack! You DO NOT just move everything around until it fits!
If you claim original rules - then by golly - write the program to do so!
Also, do not like the speed of play on opponents - I have actually watched all tiles move around and opponent does not add a tile to the table nor does he draw! Re-arranging tiles does not count as a valid play! You have to either play 1 or more tiles from your hand or DRAW!
As others have stated - seeing number of opponent tiles (as you do in original game and it does impact some moves!) would be great since at the moment we are playing blind and seeing the winning move rather than a pop up saying you lost would be much better!
Lot of frustrating bugs... not worth $5
My iphone is a 4S
1) If i change the options settings, my preferences are not remembered for the next time I enter the game. Sound in particular is very annoying - especially when playing in public areas.
2) If I enter OPTIONS and the fist thing I do is turn off sound - then it crashes and returns to my iphone main menu screen. There is a work around - If I change something else first within the options menu, I can then set sound off without the crashing.
3) I have played numerous games where odd things happen... E.g today I was playing a yellow 12 in a valid position. It accepted this but at the end of my turn also returned a yellow 12 to my pile - but retained the yellow 12 in the valid position. Eventually I had 5 yellow 12 tiles on the screen and obviously had no way to win. All were counted against me. See screen shot.
4) I can start my go before the other player has finished, i.e. I can pick up and move my tiles when I think the other player has finished but they haven't. Sometimes end up with a tile from such a move freezing in place on the screen during subsequent game playing..
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 16, 2012
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Games Factory Online.nl B.V
- © 2012 Games Factory Online
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.