Join the hundreds of thousands of runners who have used Run 5k to go from a couch potato to a 5k (3.1 miles) runner. This app is great for beginner runners who have never run before or former runners who want to start up again.
The Run 5k app has been featured on CNN.com, Boston.com’s lifestyle-health section, and in Health Magazine. Get into shape using our 8-week beginner training plan, complete with an animated warmup and cooldown stretching program. This app has voice cues that guide you even when your screen is locked. The app tells you when to run and walk and gives audio cues for distance and pace when you use GPS. You can use this app outside, on a track, or in the gym.
• Apple Watch app—you can leave your phone at home while you work out with our Watch app, or continue to use our Watch app together with the iPhone app.
• Speaks pace, distance, intervals, and halfway point.
• Optionally uses GPS for pace and distance. (You can also use this app on a treadmill or indoor track without GPS.)
• Animated warmup and cooldown stretching programs with timer and voice cues.
• Tap out your heart rate on the heart icon.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Integrates with the Health app. Set your weight in the Health app to calculate Calories burned, and to save your Active Calories for each workout.
ABOUT the WORKOUTS
• 8-week training program perfect for beginners or former runners.
• Each workout is about 30 minutes long.
• Interval training alternates between jogging and walking.
• Workout intervals gradually become more challenging.
• 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown, which are skippable.
• Speaks each jog and walk interval, halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Optionally speaks pace and distance information every 1/2 mile or 1/2 km.
• Automatically checks off each completed workout and records your date, pace and distance.
AUDIO CUES and NOTIFICATIONS
If you’re not getting Notifications in the background, open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 5k in the list. Tap on Run 5k and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
This app can be integrated with the Health app. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and the total Active Calories burned can be saved to Health app after each workout. Sharing this information with the Health app is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
To show distance and pace information, Run 10k can use GPS location tracking during a workout. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Run 5k was created by Lucius Kwok, Agnes Chan, and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
• Fixed a bug so that stretches screen does not lock itself and pause the stretch program.
• Under-the-hood improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Long Time User, First Time Problem
I’ve used this app for several years and have been very happy with it, however recently a problem has developed that has me confused. It seems that this app tricks my phone into thinking the battery is dead. I’ll start my run with 86% battery, fire up my music, launch the app and get going. Not every time, but at least half the time, about 10-20 minutes in, my phone will just turn off. When I try to do a manual restart I get the charger and lightning bolt icon signaling that the battery needs to be charged. I’m now left with finishing my run without run/walk queues and music. When I get home, I plug my phone in to charge and it immediately powers up to show around 72% battery. I’m not sure if anyone else has had this issue but this is the only app that causes my phone to do this. Other than this issue, I have no complaints about this app and hope I’ll be able to continue using it.
USED to love this app…
This was a great app when I first got it, and there were frequent updates. Unfortunately, the watch app ruins it. It just doest work when I use it with my Apple watch. The developer knows about this problem, but hadn't done anything to fix it. I've done everything they tell you to do to fix it, but it doesn't get any better. When you use the watch app (even with mirroring turned off) you don't get any notification telling you to walk or run. I've had this app for years, but now have to buy another app to do the same thing.
Developer Response ,
Hi! We recently updated the app so that you can use the Apple Watch app without your iPhone! If you have any problems with the Watch app, please email us at email@example.com, and we'll work on resolving it. Thanks!
Treadmill doesn’t record pace or distance
It “works” when running indoors in the sense that it buzzes you on when to walk vs run. But it records essentially nothing. And unlike other programs, it won’t even seem to let you edit these values. So it’s pretty lacking in value unless you’re lucky enough to be somewhere you can consistently run outdoors.
Developer Response ,
We'll take your review as a list of feature requests for our Run 5k app. We've made note that you'd like a pedometer and that you'd like to be able to manually enter or edit pace and distance values for indoor workouts. We'll look into these ideas for the next update. Thank you!
- Felt Tip Inc.
- 68.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Felt Tip Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.