The best-selling runner’s book, Chi Running®, is now an iPhone app that has helped thousands of everyday runners to run faster, easier, and injury-free. Created by ChiRunning founder, Danny Dreyer, this app is feature-laden with Chi Running video lessons, audio coaching, guided runs, and a built in metronome - tools for you to always run your best.
You’ll learn the technique that has taught hundreds of thousands to run relaxed, efficiently, and with less injury. For beginning runners, weekend warriors, marathoners and speed demons alike, everyone benefits from improved running technique.
You’ll practice “intelligent movement”; using good technique to save your body from undue effort and injury. Danny’s voice will talk you through Guided Runs with audio focuses played at self-selected, repeating intervals. These audio and video lessons will help you achieve your running goals; whether to start running, run a PR, complete a half or full marathon, or run for the rest of your life without injury.
Practice your technique while tracking your distance, pace, caloric burn, and mapping your routes. The workout log function allows you to track your run history and share it with friends via Twitter and Facebook.
Unique among running apps, the Chi Running® app is a complete coaching tool for improving your running technique and boosting your training.
Exceptional running for ordinary people!
Please note: This app can only be used on the iPhone, NOT on iPads or the iPod Touch.
The Chi Running app features:
• 18 video lessons of the key Chi Running focuses.
• A unique Guided Run feature - Chi Run audio focuses prompt you as you run.
• Pick which of the 23 Chi Run Focuses you want to practice and choose from 5 selectable time intervals.
• 4 different Guided Runs to choose from: Tempo, Intervals, Long Slow Distance (LSD), and Custom.
• Built-in metronome with two beat sounds.
• Workout timer with pause and resume.
• GPS mapping of running routes.
• Running history with daily run data: distance, pace, elevation gain, calories burned.
• Weekly mileage totals displayed and stored.
• Video and audio reminders of 8 pre-run Body Looseners and 6 Post-run stretches.
• Music fades when audio reminders play during your Guided Runs.
• Separate volume settings for metronome and Chi Focuses.
• Share your runs on Facebook, Twitter and more.
• Track your distance in US/English or Metric units.
The Chi Running App is also your portal into our world of on-line training plans, books and DVDs, and 200 Certified Chi Running instructors around the world.
For questions or help with the application, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our forum at www.ChiRunning.com/forum.
- Updated to iOS 11 and new iPhones.
- Bug fixes & improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Just ran my 1st marathon at 53 year old! Before ChiRunning, I never ran more than 3 miles before pain stopped me. With ChiRunning app and book I found that running long distance does not have to hurt!!!! Running can be fun joyful experience that changes your life. I am a physician and I am convinced that with ChiRunning app and book, anyone can run marathon without pain or injury. This app costs $10. Couple of burgers costs more... As a physician, I highly recommend this app and ChiRunning program.
Excellent runner's app
I took the Chi running class with Danny Dreyer and it was great. Having this app is like having Danny out there helping you every step of the way. Chi running is as valuable as meditation and yoga in ones pursuit for a sound mind and a sound body. Enjoy!
Occasionally locks up
I’ve used this app for years and agree with the other reviews but lately it will crash and the only way I can close the app is to restart my phone
- ChiLIving, INC
- 155.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 ChiLiving, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.