RunQuest 21k - Half Marathon endurance training program
By Felt Tip Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RunQuest 21k is a 13-week training program designed for 5k runners who want to run a half marathon. The workouts are distance-based, using GPS, and you get voice cues telling you your pace and progress every mile or km.
This is a program for runners comfortable running 5km (3.1 miles) at least 3 times per week or runners who have recently completed our Run 5k or Run 10k app.
• Maps your run.
• Speaks pace and distance.
• Works in the background when you've switched to another app or if you've locked the screen.
• Calculates calories burned.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Includes animated stretching programs with voice cues.
• Integrates with the Health app and HealthKit.
• Daily tips for your training program, including information about pacing and nutrition.
• Choose your start and end dates.
• Complete program where you run 4 times per week.
• Total of 12 miles (19km) to 21 miles (33km) per week.
• Works in miles or km.
• Tapers in the middle and end of the program.
• Automatically checks off each completed run.
• Checks off your run on a calendar.
• Option to manually enter treadmill, indoor, or other non-GPS runs.
This app can be integrated with the Health app and be used with HealthKit. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and your date of birth and biological sex used to calculate your target and maximum heart rates. The total Active Calories burned can be saved to HealthKit after each workout. Sharing this information with HealthKit is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
This app requires an iPhone or iPad with GPS support. During a workout, location data is used to calculate distance and pace, and to record a track of your position on the map. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
This app was created by Lucius Kwok and Agnes Chan. Made in NYC.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Updated in-app settings screen with Location Services and more information.
• Updated remaining images for iPhone 6 Plus screen.
• UI improvements.
Long Run Crashes
I started using this app 11weeks ago after graduating from the sister-app Couch to 5k app. In general, it is a fine design and the plan has worked well for me. However, I give it such a low rating because it crashes and loses my data during all of my long runs, usually somewhere between mile 5 and 7. I haven't noticed this issue during 3-4mile runs. This wouldn't be so much of an issue except that I run outside over sidewalks and trails, so I cannot keep track of my distance without the GPS. I get frustrated when I expect to hear the mile signal, check my phone, and discover that the app crashed on me and now I have to figure out through other apps how far I have run. The only reason I keep using this app is because the training program itself has worked well for me. Unless these issues are fixed, I will be switching to another training app for my next race.
Was very good, now not so much:(
Was a great app but recently started crashing and losing my runs and all my stats. Contacted support but they were no help at all. Only have 3 weeks left in my program otherwise I would find something else. Very frustrating. :(
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 24, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Felt Tip Inc.
- © 2014 Felt Tip Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.