Map My Run - GPS Running & Workout Tracker
By Under Armour
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track and map every run with MapMyRun. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new running goals with a 40 million member strong community of runners. Whether you’re a beginner looking to log your first mile or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
- Named one of the 10 best lifestyle iPhone apps of all time by Mashable
- Featured in the NY Times, TechCrunch, Wired, and TIME
- Voted Best Running App Readers' Choice on About.com
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked run and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each run.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Running Shoes automatically track your runs and sync your data with your MapMyRun app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Apple Watch, Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION RUNNERS
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR RUNS FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your running goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyRun.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyRun is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and MyFitnessPal.
What's New in Version 17.2.0
The latest version of the app brings big updates we're excited to share!
YOUR NEW TRAINING DASHBOARD - You can set and track weekly goals, view training intensity, monitor your recovery, and connect your gear all in one place.
TRAINING PLANS & WORKOUTS HAVE A NEW HOME - Your Training Plans and recent workouts have now moved into the Training Dashboard.
ARE YOU READY? - You can now get insights into your muscles with the app and UA Connected Footwear. All it takes is a simple jump test. After setting a baseline, your Jump Score will measure muscle fatigue and recovery rate to help tell you how hard to train.
TRACK YOUR RECOVERY - We'll track your Jump Scores over time to give you recommendations. You'll get alerts when you have fatigue trends and you can keep up with your recovery on the dashboard.
CONNECT YOUR GEAR - You can easily manage your connected gear and see connection statuses from the dashboard.
Accurate and Motivating
I've ran about 600 miles on this app and I absolutely love it. I still run a lot of the trails that I used to run in X-Country, so I know their exact distances. When I compare that with this app, it actually does an amazing job at recording accurate distance and time.
Some reviewers have mentioned that when you pause and resume a workout, it doesn't resume from the distance you paused, but from the distance you traveled the moment you hit resume. This basically messes with the accuracy of the timing because it gives you a very fast split. The way I see it, if you start walking on a run, that walk is still part of your workout, so you shouldn't necessarily be pausing it anyways. I personally like to record that on my workouts when I do need a walk break, so it's not a deal breaker for me & I don't believe it's worth taking a star off the app for.
Another thing is the ad situation. Some reviewers have complained that they don't like the app or that it's not efficient because of its ads, yet they don't want to for pay the ad-free app. Again, this is personal choice, but I don't think the ads are that big of a deal. They don't mess with the functionality or accuracy of the app. If you aren't fond of them, then the get the ad-free app as it is not an expensive alternative.
I have been using this app for about 2 years now and finally have gotten around to write a review. First off my dislikes are few and rather plain but I do have to say I don't like how they annoy you with upgrading to the pay erosion of the app but it's tolerable. That being said the free version is very, very good and completely sufficient. It works great if you want to track your runs, get accurate times and log your progress. The app is one of the best when paired with the Apple Watch (IMO the best Apple Watch app outside of Apple's own apps). Overall, this app has been an essential tool for my runs and I have only used just the surface of what this app is actually capable of. 5 stars love it.
Great app. Not a huge reviewer yet I use reviews regularly.
If you do any exercise this app is great. I go mountain biking and skiing and use this app regularly for that. It works fantastic along with the audio reminders of your distance traveled and average speed. For downhill skiing it knows when you have paused from skiing and when you start back up again. It will automatically stop the timer to give you an accurate count of how many minutes or hours you had been skiing actively.
If you have any thoughts of getting this app for any activity, I would highly recommend it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 31, 2017
- Version: 17.2.0
- Size: 225 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: MapMyFitness
- © 2015, MapMyFitness Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly MVP$5.99
- Annual MVP$29.99