Run Tracker Pro
By Bluefin Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*****Transform your iPhone into one of the most powerful training devices available to track your runs
*****GPS-enabled real time maps, track intervals, splits and personal bests, sharing, analyze distance and calories burned over multiple activities, camera, and integration with trainingpeaks.com
Recently updated with several bug fixes and speed improvements.
Whether running for leisure or training for a race, Run Tracker Pro will track your route, speed and distance and help boost your performance and enjoyment of running. Share your workouts with friends on email, Facebook and Twitter.
Athletes, runners and triathletes: use Run Tracker Pro for your entire training and fitness program and data analysis needs- link to TrainingPeaks.com and upload workouts for more analysis.
Get Run Tracker Pro and view workout time, pace, speed, calories burned, training intervals, splits, map location in real time, take photos, share workouts, listen to music and receive audio feedback.
Enjoy the benefits of a professional running computer and virtual training partner on your iPhone.
Chose from a wide range of workouts
· Interval training
· Distance/time based goal
· Race against your previous times
CUSTOM READOUTS AND ACTIVITIES
Fully customizable, easy to read dashboard
· Timer- elapsed time, speed, average speed, max speed, distance, calories burned, altitude climbed, pace average pace, max pace
· Graph- view splits, pace history and speed history while you workout
· Functions as cycle computer
See your position on real time Google Maps
· Google Maps- Hybrid, Street and Satellite
· OpenCycle Maps- High Def.Cycle Routes
View route history with distance splits, embedded camera photos
Motivate with your personal music or pod cast selection
· Add play list or pod casts from iPod
· Change music during your workout
· Select Power song for extra motivation
Race against a previous workout, Track personal bests of routes
· Real-time behind/in front of readout
· “Future you” target mode
· Share your workouts and activities with friends
· Post workouts on Twitter, Facebook or send via email with an easy click
· Share images with built in camera feature
· Export your shared route maps to Google Earth
AUDIO FEEDBACK- more feature
When used in tandem with the TrainingPeaks.com, users of the Run Tracker GPS mobile app are able to:
• Record important fitness metrics, like weight and stress
• Interact with a community of other athletes training with similar goals
• Find a qualified coach for expert training advice
• Follow a professionally developed training plan
• Schedule workouts from the TrainingPeaks Virtual Coach*
• Track and analyze nutrition
*premium subscribers only
What's New in Version 14.3.3
- Fixed login to TrainingPeaks
- Fixed app crash for devices running iOS 5
DO NOT BUY THIS APP
I've been using this app for over 3 years now. VERY unhappy!!! I'm a serious runner and I use this to track times distances etc. This app is a CRASH machine. I've been through several fixes on several devices with multiple OS's. One thing is consistent. It crashes at least once a week. Tech support has done nothing to resolve this issue after several attempts. Not only does it crash, it has dumped my profile and all data in the phone no less than four times. The new company, Blue Fin Software hasn't even responded to my issues. I've been very patient with these guys but over the course of over three years now they still have not been able to get this app to demonstrate even the minimum acceptable degree of stability. This is the first app that I've ever rated. It would get negative stars from me if it were possible. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
I have been using Run Tracker for abut 3 years pretty much without issue from iOS 6 to (the current) 8.4. Don’t recall any crashing in that time and I’m not anal enough to quibble over any minor irregularities in precise distance measurements. If anything, it has underestimated distance.
The only current issue with this app is that under iOS 8.4 the built-in music player trumps the Music App completely ignoring my customized Shuffle. I won’t knock Bluefin for that since there hasn’t been an update post-8.4, but this is something that should be addressed in the next revision.
Overall, I am very pleased with this app.
My critique is two fold. First, the distance is consistently off by .2 of mile. I have compared the distance, pace and time to my Garmin forerunner, as well as distance with my car. My car and Garmin match distance covered, while the Run Tracker Pro is off by .2-.3 of a mile. This is a big difference and creates problems in managing time/pace over distance for training. Secondly, it crashes too frequently. As a result, I stopped using Run Tracker Pro. The only nice features is sharing my activities with others. I hesitate to recommend this app given these two problems.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 21, 2014
- Version: 14.3.3
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bluefin Software, LLC
- © 2013 Bluefin Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.