By Everywear Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Runeblade - The first award winning fantasy adventure game for Apple Watch. Win battles, gain gold to upgrade your magical Runeblade and obtain Artefacts. (NOTE: Requires an Apple Watch to play the game)
* Game of the Year - UK and FR - App Store *
"The poster child for Apple Watch gaming." - Pocket Gamer
"smashes tons of fun into a tiny apple watch game" - Cult of Mac
"...will give you a reason to prod your shiny new Watch" - WIRED
* Apple Watch Best of 2015 - App Store *
Are you ready for the magical journey through the world of Runeblade? Awaken the arcane Runes on your blade, cast mighty spells and gear up with magical Artefacts! Make your way to the Forgotten Halls to fight the rising darkness!
Created from start to finish as an Apple Watch original title, Runeblade is a casual take on adventure games and is crafted to provide the optimal gaming experience on a smartwatch.
In Runeblade, the order of the War Mages is faced with an impossible situation. After millennia of slumber, their own gods are awakening only to turn corrupted and determined to destroy the world.
The order selects a champion to continue the fight against the evil, but time is running out as the wrath of the Arai is already seeping into the world!
Grab your Runeblade and begin the adventure!
* 2000 levels of Apple Watch optimized game design
* Simple and intuitive to play with depth that builds over time
* Unique Rune Enchanting mechanism that unlocks special powers
* Spells that grow in power as the adventure progresses
* Magical Artefacts and other unlockable achievements
* iPhone client for items, store and more!
* STAY TUNED! More content, features and game play is on the way...
Everywear Games is the first game studio to fully focus on creating gaming experiences optimized for Apple Watch and similar devices.
PLEASE NOTE: Runeblade is completely free to download and play, but some game items may be purchased for real money. To disable this, turn off the in-app purchases in your device's settings.
Read more at www.reddit.com/r/Runeblade
What's New in Version 3.5.0
Spring Update for Runeblade opens up new depths to the Shadow Challenge! The deep end has been rebalanced and Shadow Challenge now continues past level 2000. Shadow Blade has been rewritten so that you can unlock new levels as you progress deeper into the depths. This should be a true undertaking even for the mightiest builds out there!
In addition we've enabled navigation with the Digital Crown. You can still use the swipes, but they have given many players trouble and this is a good alternative. The option is off by default and you can turn it on from the Force Press Menu. As always we've fixed a lot of minor issues based on the feedback from the forums. Hope you'll enjoy the update!
More fun than it should be. :-)
I got Runeblade the day I got my Apple Watch. I fully expected to get bored with it and delete it the next day or completely forget about it and delete it whenever I remembered. I was wrong. This is a surprisingly fun game! I love how much story and lore is packed into it, and it is really neat how they slowly progress the story by only giving you little bits as you progress. It really keeps me coming back and playing because I want to know what happens!
Even beyond the story, the gameplay is fantastic, if not simplistic (which is expected for an Apple Watch game). It's something between a clicker game and an idle game, yet somehow improves on both.
While there are in-app purchases, I have had no need to spend any real money, and have no plans to do so in order to progress the game. If I do purchase, it would mostly be to support the game and the devs. I think they deserve it.
I highly recommend giving Runeblade a shot. A few tips:
1) Read through the FAQ and such on the iOS companion app, to get a better understanding of how things work.
2) Don't neglect the iOS app! That's where much of the story and more is, but it's also where you can get temporary (Fortune Teller) or permanent (the market) upgrades!
3) Don't forget you can reincarnate to start over, but stronger! Doing so also unlocks more items you can get from the iOS app.
Lost all progress
Well into the level 1000s and backed up then restored my phone and watch. Have done this a number of times with no issue. For some reason this time it lost everything even though everything else on my phone was restored. Never saved it to Facebook because the backup had previously worked and I have been playing since it the game came out. Support offered to restore some of my gems but it's not worth starting all over and they are unable to think of any other way rectify this bug.
Utter navigation garbage!
Decided to try this, wish I hadn't. Navigation in the app through the menus is utter garbage! The app is without meaningful tutorials to help guide a new player. Just navigating around to upgrade things and get back to the action is a real pain in the neck. It doesn't seem to register swipes like it should or is suggesting.
I highly recommend you pass the title until they figure out how to make a tutorial for new players that is worthy of actually trying, and a UI that actually responds to the TAPS and touches and SWIPES like so many other apps do on the watch...
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 28, 2017
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 106 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Everywear Games Oy
- © 2015 - 2016 Everywear Games Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ring of damage and 250 diamonds$2.99
- 600 Diamonds$4.99
- 1300 Diamonds$9.99
- 6000 Diamonds$39.99
- 2800 Diamonds$19.99
- Arai Cloak and 650 diamonds$7.99
- 200 Diamonds$1.99
- Ring of Resurgence and 900 diamonds$12.99
- 10000 Diamonds + 10000 Blood Opals$49.99
- Ring of Damge + Arai Cloak + 100 Diamonds$4.99