Runeblade - The first award winning fantasy adventure game for Apple Watch. Win battles, gain gold to upgrade your magical Runeblade and obtain Artefacts. (NOTE: Requires an Apple Watch to play the game)
* Game of the Year - UK and FR - App Store *
"The poster child for Apple Watch gaming." - Pocket Gamer
"smashes tons of fun into a tiny apple watch game" - Cult of Mac
"...will give you a reason to prod your shiny new Watch" - WIRED
* Apple Watch Best of 2015 - App Store *
Are you ready for the magical journey through the world of Runeblade? Awaken the arcane Runes on your blade, cast mighty spells and gear up with magical Artefacts! Make your way to the Forgotten Halls to fight the rising darkness!
Created from start to finish as an Apple Watch original title, Runeblade is a casual take on adventure games and is crafted to provide the optimal gaming experience on a smartwatch.
In Runeblade, the order of the War Mages is faced with an impossible situation. After millennia of slumber, their own gods are awakening only to turn corrupted and determined to destroy the world.
The order selects a champion to continue the fight against the evil, but time is running out as the wrath of the Arai is already seeping into the world!
Grab your Runeblade and begin the adventure!
* 2000 levels of Apple Watch optimized game design
* Simple and intuitive to play with depth that builds over time
* Unique Rune Enchanting mechanism that unlocks special powers
* Spells that grow in power as the adventure progresses
* Magical Artefacts and other unlockable achievements
* iPhone client for items, store and more!
* STAY TUNED! More content, features and game play is on the way...
Everywear Games is the first game studio to fully focus on creating gaming experiences optimized for Apple Watch and similar devices.
PLEASE NOTE: Runeblade is completely free to download and play, but some game items may be purchased for real money. To disable this, turn off the in-app purchases in your device's settings.
Read more at www.reddit.com/r/Runeblade
This update for Runeblade opens up new depths to the Shadow Challenge! The deep end has been rebalanced and Shadow Challenge now continues past level 2000. Shadow Blade has been rewritten so that you can unlock new levels as you progress deeper into the depths. This should be a true undertaking even for the mightiest builds out there!
In addition we've enabled navigation with the Digital Crown. You can still use the swipes, but they have given many players trouble and this is a good alternative. The option is off by default and you can turn it on from the Force Press Menu. As always we've fixed a lot of minor issues based on the feedback from the forums. Hope you'll enjoy the update!
Ratings and Reviews
More fun than it should be. :-)
I got Runeblade the day I got my Apple Watch. I fully expected to get bored with it and delete it the next day or completely forget about it and delete it whenever I remembered. I was wrong. This is a surprisingly fun game! I love how much story and lore is packed into it, and it is really neat how they slowly progress the story by only giving you little bits as you progress. It really keeps me coming back and playing because I want to know what happens!
Even beyond the story, the gameplay is fantastic, if not simplistic (which is expected for an Apple Watch game). It's something between a clicker game and an idle game, yet somehow improves on both.
While there are in-app purchases, I have had no need to spend any real money, and have no plans to do so in order to progress the game. If I do purchase, it would mostly be to support the game and the devs. I think they deserve it.
I highly recommend giving Runeblade a shot. A few tips:
1) Read through the FAQ and such on the iOS companion app, to get a better understanding of how things work.
2) Don't neglect the iOS app! That's where much of the story and more is, but it's also where you can get temporary (Fortune Teller) or permanent (the market) upgrades!
3) Don't forget you can reincarnate to start over, but stronger! Doing so also unlocks more items you can get from the iOS app.
Thank you for the review and the tips!
Amazing customer service
To start, this is an amazing game. It’s very simple and on a tiny screen you’d think it wouldn’t be fun at all but it is! I bought this game a few months ago and loved it so much that I decided to try purchasing some diamonds so that I could get the arai cloak and the ring of damage. The purchase wouldn’t go through. I was getting very frustrated because nothing was working. I emailed customer service and they went above and beyond to help me with my problem. As mentioned before, this is a wonderful game, but the amazing customer service makes it 10 times better! Thank you!
Happy to help, Nick! Thanks for the review!
This app is beyond worth it. When I first got it, it looked really boring and I completely expected to delete it within the first 5 minutes. The game is AMAZING. It is actually my favorite game to play on my Apple Watch. The iOS companion app is really nice too because you can find out the storyline, get upgrades, etc. I am so glad this game was free or else I would never see how much fun it is! Also, it is one of the very few games that work well with the Watch. Most games are extremely difficult to play and only are used on phones. Keep up the good work, devs!
Thanks for the great review! Be sure to check out our other Apple Watch games as well when you get a chance.
- Everywear Games Oy
- 106.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 - 2016 Everywear Games Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Ring of damage and 250 diamonds $2.99
- 600 Diamonds $4.99
- 1300 Diamonds $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.