By Raux Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RunForth tracks your runs, walks, bike rides and all of your other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone. By complementing and syncing to RunningAHEAD.com, it provides a vast wealth of training knowledge at your fingertips.
* GPS based recording of any outdoor activity
* Auto Lap at 1 km or 1 mi
* Display completed workout maps and splits.
* Manual logging of any type of workout: Add running, biking & weight lifting workouts
* Keep track of equipment (shoes, bikes, etc.) to determine when they need replacement or service
* Track repeated activities on the same course for comparison across time
All workouts are saved directly onto your free RunningAHEAD.com account. RunningAHEAD offers a collection of free tools, including the best online running log, to help you train effectively.
There is more to a running log than just entering statistics. It should be an integral part of your training, whether you are new to running or qualified for the Boston Marathon. At a minimum, it should give you a broad overview of your training at a quick glance. Ideally, your running log can help you identify areas of weakness, or act as an affirmation of your achievements.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- Added ability to auto lap at 1 km, 1 mile, or turn off autolap in Settings.
- Automatically populate workout distance if a course is selected with a distance.
- Display intervals based on laps in the GPS logging interface.
- Display Workout map and workout splits for existing workouts.
- Utilize TCX instead of GPX for logging GPS workouts to ensure more accurate data reported to RunningAHEAD.
- Workout/Course/Equipment listing pages no longer truncate their descriptions.
- Lap Pace and Current Pace are now smoothed, but accurate.
- Bug fixes to resolve crashes.
Great supplement to RA site
This app is great. The RA website is among the best run tracker sites out there but it lacks an app. So glad that I found this one! I had been dabbling with RunKeeper this week since mobile data entry is important for me. That was before I found this one. I will be deleting RunKeeper. Using RunningAhead on your computer with this mobile app is the way to go.
Good start, could be better
Thrilled to find an app that integrates runahead, which I've used for years.
That said, I probably will continue to use my laptop more than this app, do to the detail I can add to workouts that I can't on the app (yet), plus I like looking at my summary page with graphs, monthly summaries, etc.
I'd also like to see Facebook/Twitter integration to post runs. This would be a good promotional tool for you as well.
Main issues: I find that the gps is slightly inaccurate, at times I've randomly lost distance records when trying to sync, and even when you pause it keeps recording time. Though the app will upload a workout to running ahead, it does not recognize them as planned runs so I still have to go to the website and edit so they will sync with my training plan. Ultimately, I'm sticking with map my run for its reliability.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 02, 2014
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Raux Software LLC
- © 2014 Raux Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Experience$2.99