By Raux Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RunForth tracks your runs, walks, bike rides and all of your other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone. By complementing and syncing to RunningAHEAD.com, it provides a vast wealth of training knowledge at your fingertips.
* GPS based recording of any outdoor activity
* Auto Lap at 1 km or 1 mi
* Display completed workout maps and splits.
* Manual logging of any type of workout: Add running, biking & weight lifting workouts
* Keep track of equipment (shoes, bikes, etc.) to determine when they need replacement or service
* Track repeated activities on the same course for comparison across time
All workouts are saved directly onto your free RunningAHEAD.com account. RunningAHEAD offers a collection of free tools, including the best online running log, to help you train effectively.
There is more to a running log than just entering statistics. It should be an integral part of your training, whether you are new to running or qualified for the Boston Marathon. At a minimum, it should give you a broad overview of your training at a quick glance. Ideally, your running log can help you identify areas of weakness, or act as an affirmation of your achievements.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Bug fixes, specifically:
- Authorization/login reports multiple error logins, however login is still successful.
- GPS stops tracking when lock screen comes on.
- App can crash when attempting to manually enter a workout, specifically editing equipment and courses.
More buggy with new versions...
I've been waiting for a RunningAhead app for the iphone for years, so I'm very happy to see that someone finally developed one. However, the distance that the app was registering was very far off. I measured 2 of the miles on my 8 mile run (one on the track and one on the road) and it was saying I'd hit the mile mark about .1 miles early. Hopefully this was just a fluke, as I'll be checking the accuracy again tonight. Otherwise I'll have to go back to RunKeeper for my logging needs.
UPDATE: The app seems to be getting worse. Not only is the distance measurement still inaccurate, the GPS now fails to log my location when my phone screen goes to sleep. Additionally, when editing a log, the app crashes when clicking on the shoes or route fields. For these reasons I am dropping it to one star and will be using RunKeeper until an update addresses these issues.
Great App! updated
The is the best running log app I've found. Easy to use. As detailed or simple as you want it. Great job!
Update: I use this as part of my training and race log. It has been and remains an excellent tool. Thanks.