Runkeeper—GPS Running Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.6.1
We've updated our app icon! This change is a result of months of testing to discover how to make the Runkeeper app more recognizable so we can help more runners reach their goals.
Apple Watch users, we are wrapping up a new release of Runkeeper for the Apple Watch that we will include in our next version. We have heard your feedback and improved the activity tracking, syncing experience, as well as added in some top requested features. Thank you so much for your continued patience with us as we work on getting this experience out for you.
Good Apple Watch App, could be better
This app is probably the best Apple Watch app I have used so far in terms of accuracy of distance and current pace when your not using your phone. Although the current pace jumps back and forth a little much, it is very close to my actual pace. The face of the app in the watch can be changed while you run which is good and bad depending on if you accidentally hit the screen. The reason I did not give the app a five star is because it still can be improved significantly. You cannot customize the watch app on the phone app which can be frustrating. I’ve tried to change it so there is no countdown before the run but there still is a 3 second delay anyways. When you first start a run the display takes a couple seconds to come up, and is also hard to stop when you are tired. I like the activity apps way of stopping and starting runs where you simultaneously press the power button and home button on the watch much more. This will make speed and interval workouts much easier to track.
Great but could still use work
In general I really enjoy this app, especially the way it integrates with other apps. I particularly enjoy being able to create my own interval run (I don’t know if this feature is only available with the paid upgrade). Cons however are a few glitches including the notification feature- I can no longer see new notifications within the app when someone likes or comments on a workout unless I go INTO the actual workout itself, and occasionally it will opt to shuffle ALL of my music instead of playing only the playlist I selected within the app. And every once in awhile the app will crash repeatedly when trying to save a workout, fortunately I’ve never lost data- just irritating to have to go out and back in a few times to get it to finally save. If they can smooth out those bugs then I’d be a super happy customer!
This would be a five star review if they had good Apple Watch support
I run using a Series 3 Apple Watch with GPS and cell. I use the watch without a phone when I go running. I also have a run keeper go subscription and have used the app for years. I loved the app when I used it only with a phone (but I hated lugging the phone along).
* The historical data it records is awesome. I love being able to compare what I'm doing now with what I was doing for years ago and see my rate of improvement and how it compares.
* The workout plans seem like they would be nice, but other issues have prevented me from trying it out.
* It doesn't start recording runs sometimes until minutes (sometimes miles) into a run.
* It samples data points (like current position and heart rate) sporadically. I get a recorded run that looks like a caricature of where I actually ran. The heart rate data and pace data looks really un-smooth and weird.
* It doesn't always save run data. A run I did on Sunday never got saved. I see today's run, but that one is lost.
* No summary on the watch of runs you've just completed.
* Apple's built in workout app does all of this perfectly. It just doesn't record history Inn a useful way otherwise I'd just use that
I'd love Runkeeper if they could fix these issues, but they've been promising a fix for literally months, and there's been no sign of a fix nor updates on progress.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 28, 2017
- Version: 8.6.1
- Size: 151 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go Monthly$9.99
- Runkeeper Go Yearly$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99