Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.6.1
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day. This time, we made some bug fixes to make your Runkeeper experience even better.
Don't get this app
I usually run with my garmin watch, but if it's ever dead/i don't have it I'll download a running app on my phone. I like running with my phone bc i'm a young girl and it helps me feel more safe if anything were to ever happen. I was running at least 2.5 miles into some trails that I had driven to, using this app, when it made my phone die. Background info i have an iphone 6s+ that has no battery problems and could probably stay alive for a day and a half, and was 100% charged previously. Here i was in the middle of the woods, away from my house, with my one thing that I was relying on for safety gone. Needless to say I freaked out and probably PR'd on the way home while watching my back for serial killers/rabid coyotes the entire time. I will never use this app again. And when i turned my phone back on at home, it didn't even save the data from the run I had done up until my phone died! This isn't the first time this has happened either, just the first time i was really far away from where i was supposed to be when it made my phone die. it's probably happened about 5 other times, but as i said before, i usually use my garmin watch.
Great Running App
I was going to give this app a 5/5 stars but I read one of the other reviews and had to agree with the person. I also have used Runkeeper for a long while, 800+ activities, and finally subscribed to the paid service this year. I love the bonus features with the paid app that allow you to analyze so many details of your run, but I agree with the other reviewer that the training plans are badly set up. The app should allow you more flexibility in how you can set up these plans. Runkeeper, give people a 30-day plan, for example, and allow them to finish it as they choose. Don't make it so if they decide to do a workout other than running, they fall behind in their plan. I thought I was catching up with my plan until after I finished it the next week, I realized I had to complete four more days to stay on par with the plan. Otherwise, I love this app and will continue using it, paid or otherwise, in the future.
Helping me run a 5K
Update2: Just noticed that it is not tracking my shoes correctly. My new shoes have been on 29 miles for about 10 runs. Come on Runkeeper!
Update: The new voices they added are horrible. First, they are definitely written from a man's perspective. I'm sorry but my conscience does not have a male voice. Make male and female versions, please! Also, they are always talking about food and drinking. I run to stay away from those things, so I don't want to be reminded of them on my runs. Please redo these.
I wish they had more of a variety in training programs and a strength training programs, but otherwise I like this app. I love how you can connect with I Tunes. Wish it also connected to I Heart Radio to avoid the switching around, but oh well. Love the notes and the new asking how I feel after each run. Hopefully that will be something I can track over time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 16, 2016
- Version: 7.6.1
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go$9.99
- Runkeeper Go$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99