Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.8.1
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day. This time, we made some bug fixes to make your Runkeeper experience even better.
Helping me run a 5K
Update3: I pay for Runkeeper and noticed today that there is no way to start their 5K training programs. The 10k plans work, but when you choose a start date for the 5K, no dates appear in the screen. Please fix this or refund my money. Update2: Just noticed that it is not tracking my shoes correctly. My new shoes have been on 29 miles for about 10 runs. Come on Runkeeper!
Update: The new voices they added are horrible. First, they are definitely written from a man's perspective. I'm sorry but my conscience does not have a male voice. Make male and female versions, please! Also, they are always talking about food and drinking. I run to stay away from those things, so I don't want to be reminded of them on my runs. Please redo these.
I wish they had more of a variety in training programs and a strength training programs, but otherwise I like this app. I love how you can connect with I Tunes. Wish it also connected to I Heart Radio to avoid the switching around, but oh well. Love the notes and the new asking how I feel after each run. Hopefully that will be something I can track over time.
So Inconsistently Worthless
The app can be good at times, but then shows it is completely worthless. First, it is insane that we can only create a route from a computer and that does NOT work most times. Just as annoying, why can't we just select the end race date for a training program. Your programs start Mondays and end with race day on a Friday. HELLO, who does a marathon on a Friday???? You guys are just completely lost on a few stupid things and are keeping you from being the dominant app in the marketplace. I should just go somewhere else.
BTW, let me add that the personal records page is ALL WRONG. How can my fastest half marathon be in the personal records for May, but when I select it to compare to other races it shows that it was the second fastest compared to a half I ran in October. App programmers are NOT doing their job.
Why does it not show that I ran a 10k?
So, the app overall is pretty solid and I am happy with the updates they have added on here. I like being able to see separate race categories if 5k, 10k, etc. However, it is not registering that I ran a 10k even though I have. That's the only reason it is rated a 4*.
It would be cool if they took a page out of Nike's book and created a trophy/award section (in addition to their challenges) that give you "medals" or trophies for running certain distances, speeds, consecutive number of days, running on holidays, etc. Those are small but fun ways to increase motivation!
Over all it is a good app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 10, 2017
- Version: 7.8.1
- Size: 105 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go$9.99
- Runkeeper Go$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99