RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your run pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
RunKeeper works even better with your Apple Watch!
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Heart rate monitor to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Get cadence trends and steps for every run
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist
○ Run with music and playlists from your iTunes library or Spotify
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ Apple HealthKit
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them.
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.6
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Frustrating but usable
I want to like the app but I'm pretty frustrated. I've been trying it out for the last couple months without creating an account. It still kept track of all my runs, when I achieved a PR, etc. So I decide to create an account and now all my activity has been lost. Why don't the records that are already saved in the app just go into my account? I don't see any reason for this. Also, I often do interval training, e.g. 10 x 30 second sprints with 30 seconds jogging in between. But all my interval results are displayed without ordinal numbering. So if I want to see how fast I did on my 7th sprint I have to count down fourteen lines. There's got to be a better way to show this. Otherwise it seems to work. I might try out Nike or one of the other, similar apps though.
I love Run Keeper. I am an interval runner and it does a great job at helping me keep my pace. I have to run one minute and walk one minute and the audio cues work great for that. I do wish we had the option of customizing the audio cue so I could get a cue after two min. Of running and one min of walking. My real issue though is that my app keeps crashing when I got to see my notifications in my profile. That little talk bubble in the left hand corner of the "me" page shows I have 3 notifications but when I click on it the app just closes. Everything else with the app works fine. Please fix this issue please.
I love this app because it's simple and easy to use. Set it and forget it. I turn it on just before I get on my bike and it tracks my progress without using up my battery too much. It pairs with my Pebble (which I love) and it talks to Gympact (an app that pays you to work out) and automatically tells the app I went biking. It auto pauses at cross walks and street signs (a feature I just learned about while looking through the settings). It lets me see my progress over time and write notes on each ride. Like I said, awesome app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 11, 2015
- Version: 5.6
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99