RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s 2012 Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ heart rate monitor (such as Wahoo Blue HR, Polar H7, Garmin HRM, and many others) to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Use your iPhone 5s to track cadence and steps
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
○ RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them. See improvements over time with Insights!
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you. Encouragement and suggestions along the way help keep you on track.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.4.1
Bug Fixes and Improvements
An Old Fan
I loved this app… some time ago! Now, as others say, it stops recording a walk/run and, sometimes, relaunches, sometimes puts the app in pause mode but, does not give me an accurate record of my exercise! There are tons of complications, too. And, it incessantly wants to share data… with someone!? Also, everywhere, there are ads. Ads to upgrade or who knows what. Try clicking on anything and you are likely to be on an inapt purchase screen. I paid for this app but I feel trapped in an infomercial when I use it. This used to be a great product from a great company. I’m too frustrated to continue to use it now and, based on my current experience with the company, will not trust any of their other or future products. Fire all of those people in charge of the inapp purchases and ads, sharing screens, make the program as robust as it once was with a new, clear direction and we’ll talk.
Fails during each use (reproducible)
I’ve loved this app in the past, but for a couple of months now it consistently fails to track my entire walk. That is, I start tracking with the “Go Walking” button, put the phone in my pocket, and check back some time later. Almost every time, I’ll find that the app needs to be relaunched and when it launches it tells me that I should either Finish or Resume tracking. In either case, it’s missed a portion of my walk. Sometimes the app quits after 30 minutes or so, and sometimes after only 7 seconds. Either way, it’s unreliable. I’ve noticed that if I take a picture on my walk RunKeeper quits silently in the background 100% of the time, such that if I take a picture I must immediately relaunch RunKeeper and Resume tracking, or I’ll miss a part of my hike. I wish there was a better way of contacting the developer to work out bugs like this, but here we are.
Great running app!
Love the app! Very easy to use while on the run, tracks what I want, and is an accurate GPS. Has only the necessary features you'd want within the app so things are very uncluttered and easy to use while on and getting ready for the run. Battery life is actually quite alright too. After an hour of warming up, jogging, stretching, and cooling down it only uses about 15% of your battery with the screen off. I like how you can set up interval training workouts too...very helpful! They could make it a smidge easier to check your minute paces as sometimes they are hard to poke and see. Other than that one very nitpicky detail, very well thought out app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 5.4.1
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99