RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your run pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
RunKeeper works even better with your Apple Watch!
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Heart rate monitor to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Get cadence trends and steps for every run
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist
○ Run with music and playlists from your iTunes library or Spotify
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ Apple HealthKit
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them.
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.6.2
Bug Fixes and Improvements
This could be a great app. Seems to log time and distance accurately, and links up with Apple Health and my other fitness/nutrition apps. But the bugs outweigh the benefits. First, it sends me notifications on a daily basis, even though I selected no notifications when I set it up. Those notifications consistently lead to a page suggesting I upgrade to RK Elite. Worse, there's no way to mark the notifications as having been read, or to delete them, so the RunKeeper icon on my screen is always obscured with a little red circle with an ever increasing number on it. Second, the settings seem to randomly change on their own. Some days I get audio cues every five minutes, other days every 15. Sometimes it tells me distance, other times only pace, sometimes both. And since I don't expect the settings to have changed, I either have to suffer through constant interruptions or have to take the phone out of my pocket to change the settings mid-run. Worse, when I take my phone out of my pocket, it pauses my activity - very disconcerting in the middle of a workout. This app seems entirely focused on selling me their paid version and getting me to post my stats on social media. I neither need nor want to broadcast my every activity to the world. I just want an app that tracks my time and distance accurately, and offers a few audio cues along the way. And until they can get the free version right, there's no way I'd consider purchasing their paid version.
Good app, but nothing
Update: Thanks to the developers for fixing the issues. It now saves may goals and doesn't randomly delete them. I found out how to update my weight. Which has dropped quite a bit. 34 lbs!!!
Previous review: The update has made the app a little less user friendly. I had to save my goal a number times before it took. Also, now it seems the goal weight can't be updated without going into settings. After doing this it says the goal has been achieved. I have to reset the goal, change the date to why I started(if I can even remember), and start it fresh. There used to be a goal update reminder which is now gone, and no way to update the goal now other than the way I previously mentioned. This is incredibly frustrating. I am about to try another app!
I've been using runkeeper for a few years now and do love it. I loved it more before they started charging so much for comparisons. My only reason for 3 stars is because the cost for the full version is ludicrous compared to most apps and I absolutely will not pay that. MAYBE if it was a forever purchase. But $40 per year means it better be mowing my lawn and doing the dishes for me! I'm not a cheapskate either. I buy apps. I've paid $20 per year for an app I use for family stuff that is far more diverse than just tracking runs. The price for this app just tells me they really aren't looking for many people to pay for it...and I'm happy to keep using the free version. If that gets more restrictive though, there are plenty of other running apps I'd be happy to try and I already know I have more friends on the other ones.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 22, 2015
- Version: 5.6.2
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99