Runkeeper—GPS Running Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.4.0
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day.
- Your total distance has moved into the 'Me' tab header so you can easily see how far you’ve run
- There’s a new stats section to easily see weekly, monthly or yearly progress
- We moved goals into the 'Me' tab so you can see all of your personal progress in one place
- Performance updates when launching the app so you can start tracking faster
Apple Watch issues
This app was my go to for all my running until the new updates to the Apple products. Prior to the updates I could control my plan from my watch however now the current plan doesn’t show up as it did. It also glitches out and the app doesn’t always start the run when I try to start it from the watch on free run. So I have to do everything from the phone and don’t get any of the data on my watch. Also, there should be a 3 second countdown when starting from the phone because it takes time once I hit start to put the phone in my hand and on my arm. If you could fix the watch issue all would be great.
Stop messing with the layout
It used to be simple to use this app, just press a button on screen, do your activity, then press stop, save & you’re done. Now, you have to close a nag pop up, start, do your activity, press pause, tell it you’re done, click save and then swipe around to find your activity. With the latest update, instead of seeing all your activity totals on one page with large numbers, you’ve now made daily as default with tiny little fonts. I don’t want to have to grab my reading glasses & swipe all over the place to see what I used to see as default. This is a fitness tracker, not tinder. There’s also nothing in the settings to enlarge the fonts. You’ve taken a really simple & easy to use app & overcomplicated it.
Not free & extra 0 posts
I loved this app as I have used it for hundreds of my runs. Loved challenging myself w/free 1/2 & marathon trainings until the update when that disappeared🙁 disappointed as we pay enough for the phone & services itself.
Also since the update I am getting a bunch of 0 distance posts all over my stats through the end of the month. Trying to find my real stats in there takes a while & usually not worth it w/what little time I have to deal w/my phone in my busy day. Only took time out to do this so maybe the issues can be taken care of! If not I’ll be looking for suggestions for a new app🤔 (& take my groups w/me😉)
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 10, 2017
- Version: 8.4.0
- Size: 143 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go Monthly$9.99
- Runkeeper Go Yearly$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99