Runkeeper—GPS Running Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.5.1
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day.
- We've added support for Fitbit activity syncing. Connect in the app to have your activities tracked on your Fitbit sync automatically to your Runkeeper account.
- Runkeeper is now compatible with the new iPhone X and iOS 11 release.
- We've also fixed a bug with connecting your heart rate monitors on iOS 11.
Apple Watch users, thank you for your feedback on the issues you are experiencing. We are working hard on fixing these problems to ensure you have a great experience when running. We will be releasing an update with these fixes very quickly.
Great experience until it stopped being reliable
For a couple of months I’ve been using Runkeeper and loved it. It’s simple but rich watch complication was just perfect. But over the past two weeks I’ve had three runs that I’ll start from my watch and see distance increase. However at a later time, like say when I know I’ve hit my next mile, I’ll check my time and the distance will have reset to 0.00. The timer is still going and luckily I run the same route in my neighborhood so I just have to get on a computer to fix my distance. But the point of this review is for users to beware that this app will spoil you and when it doesn’t work, it’s quite frustrating by comparison. I will keep checking for updates both firmware and AppStore hoping that this issue disappears.
Tracked a 5K this morning from my watch, reviewed the stats as my 2nd fastest 5K on my phone. Then I went to my dashboard to see my week stats and the activity changed to a 0.09mi run lasting 35 seconds. So I’m officially done trusting this app. I will leave my rating because it really was awesome when it worked well.
LOVE! Crashes occasionally
I’ve used this app for about two years now and I absolutely love it. I recommend it to everyone. I initially used it for fun, then to train for a half marathon, and now to train for a full marathon. However, I’ve noticed a bug in the app where it won’t let you save a run when it’s complete. It doesn’t happen every time - just sometimes. For example, I’ve had to delete my last two runs (they wouldn’t save and the app just closes, though the details open up again when I reopen the app), and then I had to enter the details manually (which I don’t like because I never get to see my splits ☹️). But the three runs before that were fine and saved on their own. Not sure why this happens, but I will joyfully raise my rating back to five stars if you fix it!
Awesome app! Been using for a long time
I’ve been using this app for a long time.
I was using the free version but I decided to go pro on July and It has been awesome!
Everything works perfectly fine but just a minor issue. I’ve been trying to change my email address of my account because I’ve downloaded it with my previous apple id but it seems that you are not able to. Other than that the app works prefectly. Keeps track of all your miles, you can set up a training plan, you can link it to almost any tracking device including fitbit, it works great for me!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 04, 2017
- Version: 8.5.1
- Size: 151 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go Monthly$9.99
- Runkeeper Go Yearly$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99