Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.2.3
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day. This time, we made some bug fixes to make your Runkeeper experience even better.
This app really works great. I live the fact that emails you and tells you that you made a new record on your walk/run.
I have begun to use the manual input for cardio in the gym. Really helps as you can track your own ups and downs. Only thing I would say is that for something like an elliptical machine as the exercise it should auto select the elliptical as the equipment used as there is no other way to do an elliptical other than on an elliptical.
Update -The app has continued to improve but as I adapt my gym routines I noted there is no available selection for stairs or a stair master type machine. Pretty common work out so that needs to be added.
Update: I've been using the app for 3 years now. Still enjoy the features and I'm using the free version only. Yet as I stated 3 years ago I don't understand why when doing an entry while using a piece of gym equipment that I would have to go in and manually select something like an elliptical machine as the machine used when you can't do an elliptical work out on a treadmill, like I can't run on a bike and so on.
Seemed great at first but after more and more runs I noticed it was not always 100% accurate. Especially when I go in the woods or along a trail instead of the road, the mileage is super off. After I finish there is a feature to fix the GPS, though even that is wrong sometimes and during my run there is no way to know how fast or how far I have actually gone. I did a run I knew was just about 5 miles and halfway through it told me I was at 6 miles... another time I figured it had been about 4 miles and it said 5.5, I used fix GPS and it put it down to 3.4 miles! Other than that I like the ability to compare my runs and see charts and the audio cues are funny, so I am disappointed that the most important feature doesn't work.
Best free version running app.
I've tried half-a-dozen running apps (always the free version). This is easily - by far - the best free running app. Without paying you get customizable update intervals (I set mine at every 1/4 mile), multiple "coach voice" options, complete workout history tracking and comparison, and pace, elevation, and step-frequency charts upon workout completion - almost all of these are behind the "pay wall" on the other apps - i LOVE this app!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 18, 2017
- Version: 8.2.3
- Size: 145 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go$9.99
- Runkeeper Go$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99