Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.10.1
Bug Fixes and Improvements
I've used the free version for over a year to track my bike rides, very few issues during that time, and makes it easy to keep track of my miles. Occasional GPS issues occur, but that's probably due more to my doing most of my riding in Jerkwater, USA--any GPS app will have issues now and again. Had the run keeper full version for a month--it's ok, but nothing to write home about. Live tracking is neat, and it's cool to be able to compare workouts quickly, but the weather info isn't that good...it gives you wind speed but not direction. Wind direction is absolutely critical to classifying your times, unless all you ever ride are loops or out-and-back rides. Five stars is for the free version, which is more than adequate for the info and stats I need. Only improvement I would suggest would be a multiple bike option, which lets you keep a list of bikes and then you select at the beginning of the ride which one you're riding. This would help for tracking mileage of individual bikes.
I previously used another app for running and it got the job done but I was still unimpressed. I didn't need much but something was missing from my previous app. I downloaded a few more to try out. This was the first one I tried and I immediately fell in love. I enjoyed the 5 minute audio updates so I would know if I had to push myself harder or if I was meeting my goals. Then I saw how you could store information after each run and that's something If never use, but nonetheless I appreciated that option. Maybe there's better apps out there, I don't know? What I do know though is that I didn't meet my personal distance/time goals until I got this app so I think it's a keeper.
I've used the Nike running app for years but their recent updates wrecked the app to me. So after playing around with several other apps I've decided to use this one. So far it is good but I have had some trouble uploading runs. I hope that isn't an ongoing issue or I'll have to jump ship again. Otherwise it seems to be a good, nicely featured app. I really like that I can enter shoes and account for their previous mileage. That's appreciated. I don't like the voice for audio cues but that is hardly a big deal. It took some serious messing around but I was able to upload a couple of years worth of Nike runs to this app, the difficulty is Nike's fault, not Runkeeper's. Anyway, I hope to have found a new running app home.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 16, 2017
- Version: 7.10.1
- Size: 108 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go$9.99
- Runkeeper Go$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99