RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s 2012 Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ heart rate monitor (such as Wahoo Blue HR, Polar H7, Garmin HRM, and many others) to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Use your iPhone 5s to track cadence and steps
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
○ RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them. See improvements over time with Insights!
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you. Encouragement and suggestions along the way help keep you on track.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
Connect and Run with Spotify Playlists
Tired of listening to the same songs run after run after run? Good news! RunKeeper has partnered with Spotify to bring you the most popular playlists people listen to when they run! Spotify Premium users can now connect their accounts to RunKeeper in settings, access their personal playlists, and discover new playlists for running.
Loved this app until it started keeping my music from playing on my Bluetooth headphones. It's not worth running without music. Then I found when connecting my heart rate monitor I had clicked a button to make it do that. Stupidest button ever but other than that one flaw that as long as you don't click it this app does everything wirelessly at once: GPS, heart rate, music, running! And when I'm done sends it to my social, nutrition, and health apps seamlessly. Perfection and even better when I was an elite member. (Expensive!)
I love this app. I'm training for my first 5k and it keeps me on track and motivated. It also gave me a starting point because I had no idea how to get started.
One piece of feedback. Please make the long runs treadmill friendly! I can't run outside because I'm a single mom and can't leave my daughter. I can only use my treadmill. I have a hard time completing the long run training days because you can only do it in GPS mode and it doesn't track the miles since I'm running in place.
In a word... Awesome.
This app does everything I need plus more. And at the price? Just can't beat it.
Only two suggestions for improvement just because there's always room despite a 5-star rating:
(1) Ability to share map, splits, and charts via sms and email with just one action.
(2) Ability to download trail maps to overlay run GPS route on an actual map.
Hard to believe these additions could be added while maintaining the "free" status of the app, but it would blow one away.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 23, 2015
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 63.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99