Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.6
- We’re excited to announce the release of a brand new Apple Watch Series 2 experience!
- You’ll now see mapped routes on your phone after you run with Apple Watch Series 2 (thanks to the built-in GPS).
- We also updated Apple Watch active metrics which include charts for target pace and heart rate.
My go to running app!
I've been using RunKeeper for a couple years and I've had few, if any, issues with it! In 2014 I used one of their training plans and successfully completed a half marathon. I've used RunKeeper to track my runs since then, and haven't had any issues with tracking. I like how the app compares speed, elevation, and distance for my personal norms and records. It's a good free app, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the paid app offers.
Not as good in latest updates
Last couple updates the same thing keeps happening... about 10 mins into a walk or run the app will go into pause mode without telling me, then when I notice I haven't gotten a status update I check the app and have to restart it. I then lose 10-20 mins of activity and mileage. The only other thing running is a podcast player and I'm not accessing the phone at all. Please fix!
Runkeeper eating up battery
I have to keep this at one star. The latest updates have caused Runkeeper to use 60-75% of by iPhone 6 battery over the last couple weeks, and that is based on only using it for about 30-45 minutes a day with light usage of other apps. Every time I look, the battery is low. Used to be that the app would only use 5-10% in a 1 hour exercise, but now it uses almost 50% in about 45 minutes. Been using this app for 5 years, and although buggy, it worked. Maybe time to look for an better app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 05, 2016
- Version: 7.6
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go$9.99
- Runkeeper Go$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99