RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s 2012 Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ heart rate monitor (such as Wahoo Blue HR, Polar H7, Garmin HRM, and many others) to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Use your iPhone 5s to track cadence and steps
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
○ RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them. See improvements over time with Insights!
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you. Encouragement and suggestions along the way help keep you on track.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.4
Your goals and training plans are now happily living under the new tab called “My Plan”. We made it easier to get help setting a goal that’s right for you, easier to see how you’re doing along the way and made it easier to find and follow the training plan that help’s reach your goal.
iOS 6 support
In order to keep the RunKeeper app fast and stable, we are no longer supporting iOS 6. To get the most out of RunKeeper, make sure your phone is up to date!
Can't view my training plan as easily as before!!!
I did the upgrade on the app, was excited about it only to find out I'm not able to view my training plan as easily as before. This new tab that was added is very confusing. So you click on "my plan" but it doesn't show me the plan that I'm actually doing. I have to click on the tab marked "training" to access my next activity. It would be nice if I could view what plan I'm doing (like in the past) and show me where I am, progress wise. Fortunately it did not delete any of the activities I've done thus far. I'm curious to know if we (the users) can choose free training plans or if we have to upgrade to elite for these post upgrade. For these reasons, I gave this upgrade the rating above. Pre upgrade I would give it a five star rating.
Great Running Partner, Elite Upgrade Worth The Extra
This is a great app for any one looking to track their runs. Easy to set up, hit run and go! Easily plays music if you want and also links up with heart rate monitors too(currently using Polar H7). Another great feature is the progress report during runs. I set mine up to report every half mile, it tells me distance overall pace, current pace, position regarding goal pace as well as heart rate information. It also syncs easily with the myfitnesspal app. This is a must have app for every runner.
Keeps changing goals/ format. I mean really?
It's to the point that I cringe with each update notice and kick myself for doing it. I used to be able to see "my motivation" with pic which I actually did use for motivation to qualify for Boston...gone. I used to be able to easily update and see my weight history...gone, have to search to do this now. I used to be able to see a countdown down to the second of my next race goal...gone. I can see days only now. It's clear there is an emphasis on ways to generate money for the app and less on the services that we rely upon in the past. Such a shame because it was my favorite. I'm looking elsewhere now. Peace out.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 19, 2015
- Version: 5.4
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99