By Rodale Inc. Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Runner’s World, the world’s leading running magazine, is available on the iPad. Every month you’ll enjoy in-depth features; training, nutrition, and injury-prevention advice; and gear reviews–plus exclusive audio, video, photo slideshows, quizzes, and much more.
MARCH ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• Time for a Hip Check: Learn how to detect and correct weakness in your hips so you can run faster and stay healthy.
• Grind of the Ancient Mariner: Why would a 90-year-old U.S. Navy vet run across the country? For the love of a 72-year-old ship.
• Your Perfect Half-Marathon: Whether you love dogs, net descents, or big-city races that feel grassroots—like Boston’s B.A.A. Half—we have the ideal race for you.
• Spring Shoe Guide: We put the newest models through their paces in the lab
and on the road and found 22 that topped the charts.
• In the Human Race section: Read about a store using gear and beer to build community, a former smoker turned into a desert-crossing ultrarunner, how female race directors are busting open the boys’ club, and more!
• Columns: Peter Sagal writes about how Shalane Flanagan’s hometown race helps launch new stars (Road Scholar), while Lauren Fleshman tells you why trying something new can save your sanity (The Fast Life).
• In the Training section: A month (or two) of easy running yields strength and confidence.
• In the Fuel section: Get more nutritional bang from your oatmeal with sweet or savory toppings.
• In the Mind + Body section: Are you relying too much on over-the-counter pain meds to keep you running?
• In the Gear section: Bridge the gap between cold and cool with lightweight outerwear. Plus: Feel like a pro with stylish compression socks.
• In the Races+Places section: Fans of The Oatmeal comic try to “Beat the Blerch.”
• I’m a Runner: Liz Miele Comedian, chocophile, marathoner.
• Bonus videos
… and much more.
1-Year Subscription: $19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
·New issues will be automatically downloaded to your iPad as they become available
·The new Runner's World iPad edition supports progressive downloading, so you can view the issue as it downloads
·Your credit card will automatically be charged for another subscription period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings.
·Don't delete your existing Runner's World app! Use it to receive free access to previously downloaded issues.
Automatically downloads updates unless changed in Settings.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Support for iPhone
- Bug Fixes
UPDATE - 31 January 2015: March 2015 edition available on file sharing sites. I wonder how long before it's available on the iPad app....
I have had an iPad subscription for over 2 years. Today is the 14th of December and I noticed that I am able to download a PDF version of January's edition from file sharing sites as far back as 10 December. But January's iPad magazine still isn't available. Even the Running Times iPad magazine was available 2 days ago, and they are notorious for delivering late. My advice to potential Runners World customers is to check your local library first. The Zinio app paired with a decent library will get you Runners World and The Running Times for free every month.
Of course I love the content but the glitchiness and long time it takes to download each issue is very annoying. I don't understand where my October issue went...just disappeared, and it took so long to download the December issue I gave up on it. Wish it had a bookmark that would re-open where you left off. Also...how annoying that with my iPad in my square stand, I can't read anything because it is in the horizontal view and doesn't switch to vertical view. Give me back my paper.
Slow, buggy, painful.
This is a terrible way to read a magazine. Scrolling is slow and choppy, the downloads are huge and take forever to download on even he fastest internet connections, the app itself is buggy and crashes often, etc etc etc. Even worse, you literally can't buy or read any issues other than the November 2014 issues. The "store" only allows you to buy this months issue.
For a glorified PDF reader, they sure did a bang up job of making it as terrible as possible.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 18, 2014
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rodale Inc. Digital
- © Runner's World
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runner's World 1 Year Renewable Subscription$19.99
- Jan 2013$2.99
- January 2012$2.99
- April 2012$2.99
- August 2014$2.99
- Feb 2013$2.99
- The Trail 2012$0.99
- April 2013$2.99
- February 2012$2.99
- December 2011$2.99