By Rodale Inc. Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Essential Guide for Everyone Who Runs – men and women, from beginners to hard-core marathoners. Runner’s World provides readers with the authoritative information they need to pursue their personal goals, the inspiration they crave, and an authentic sense of community they won’t find anywhere else.
1-Year Subscription: $19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
·New issues will be automatically downloaded to your iPad as they become available
·The new Runner's World iPad edition supports progressive downloading, so you can view the issue as it downloads
·Your credit card will automatically be charged for another subscription period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings.
·Don't delete your existing Runner's World app! Use it to receive free access to previously downloaded issues.
Automatically downloads updates unless changed in Settings.
Runner's World Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $4.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
What's New in Version 9.0
We’re listening to our readers and value your feedback! We have made the following change for this update: The PDF view is now available for offline reading.
Worst update ever-not renewing my subscription
Before the update, I rated Runner's World 5 stars, because the App worked like a charm. After the update, I will have to cancel my subscription because everything that used to work is broken now:
- The app doesn't remember where I stopped reading, so I am always starting at the beginning of the issue.
- All my favorite articles I saved over the last couple of years (!) are gone! Can you imagine my frustration?
- The intro says that you can favorite articles. I don't even see this option (I have an iPad Air 2), so no, it's not my device!
- The app freezed up on me 3 times in the last 10 minutes. Every time I reopen the app, you guessed it right, I have to start reading on page 1 again.
Why oh why did you have to make a new app? I have a guess here: The publisher got a cutthroat quote from another supplier to make the app for half the yearly cost. The publisher thought, oh good, we can save money! And they ditched an app that was working perfectly fine and did what it was supposed to do for an utter mess. Thank you Rodale for caring for your readers. I can't believe this is happening with such a reputable publication as Runner's World.
Update: Oh, you have to be logged in with Facebook to save favorite articles! How reader friendly!
Please restore the old app ASAP!
I wrote my first review in early December and nothing has changed, I won't be renewing my subscription.
Worse than Nook Version
No preview on PDF version, unlike Nook and how it was previously on iOS. Offline reading is broken, you can't tell when the entire magazine is downloaded or even IF its downloaded, and the PDF version always starts from page one even if the last page you were reading was 60 pages in. And when you turn a page, it takes an age to render.
The article view is not a replacement for the prior experience. It might work on the iPhone but the iPad version is much much worse.
Somehow an app that has been great since 2011 has been completely borked. Nice one.
This format change for the Rodale publications was a horrible idea. The previous version was awesome and I really looked forward to it. It also had video and audio content and was interactive. This low-res PDF thing is a joke. It reminds me of my high school yearbook. Why would I pay for this? The only thing that looks not-wonky in the magazine are the ads, because at least those look like a scan. I feel like I've waited long enough for a fix on this awful format, so I'm cancelling. It is unpleasant to use this app. I don't know what Rodale was thinking.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 11, 2017
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 64.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Rodale Inc. Digital
- © Rodale, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runner's World 1 Year Renewable Subscription$19.99
- Magazine-January 2013$4.99
- Magazine-January 2012$4.99
- Magazine-April 2012$4.99
- Magazine-August 2014$4.99
- Magazine-February 2013$4.99
- The Trail 2012$0.99
- Magazine-April 2013$4.99
- Magazine-February 2012$4.99
- Magazine-December 2011$4.99