By Rodale Inc. Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Runner’s World, the world’s leading running magazine, is available on the iPad. Every month you’ll enjoy in-depth features; training, nutrition, and injury-prevention advice; and gear reviews–plus exclusive audio, video, photo slideshows, quizzes, and much more.
MARCH ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
Injury Prevention Special
• The Whole Body Fix: A new running clinic teaches a chronically injured Runner’s World editor lessons that can help you stay happy, healthy, and on the road.
• Running Conversation: Bruce Dern: The Hollywood legend reflects on a lifetime of running and his career-capping role in the award-winning film Nebraska.
• Special Report: Running Back From Hell: PTSD is shattering the lives of thousands of American soldiers. But some experts believe running can counter the disorder’s symptoms–and help restore the joy that war erased.
• Spring Shoe Guide: We’ve tested and reviewed this season’s top 23 new models. Find the perfect pair for you!
• In the Human Race section: How running set a former inmate and recovering addict free.
• In the Training section: Why there’s no excuse to skip speedwork.
• In the Fuel section: Spring-clean your diet to slim down, gain energy, and add nutrients to every meal.
• In the Mind + Body section: Find a great running partner (or two) to keep you in shape, honest, and motivated.
• In the Gear section: From custom-sewn singlets to the smartest watches ever, check out the spring’s best new bling.
• In the Races + Places section: A city goes the distance to counter its troubled reputation.
• Columns: Lauren Fleshman tells you how to screw up–like a pro (The Fast Life), while Marc Parent explains why a father would run 13.1 miles on the best worst day of his life (The Newbie Chronicles).
• I’m a Runner: Laila Ali, a former world champion boxer and TV host, talks about how running helped her boxing and how she tries to instill wellness in her kids.
• Bonus videos
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
1-Year Subscription: $19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
·New issues will be automatically downloaded to your iPad as they become available
·The new Runner's World iPad edition supports progressive downloading, so you can view the issue as it downloads
·Your credit card will automatically be charged for another subscription period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings.
·Don't delete your existing Runner's World app! Use it to receive free access to previously downloaded issues.
What's New in Version 2.1
--New storefront allows easier viewing of digital offerings
--Each issue now enhanced with extra content not found in magazine or web site
--Redesigned, interactive Shoe Finder gets the right shoe for you
Great magazine. Don't get it on iPad
The magazine itself is great. But don't get an iPad subscription, the publisher just doesn't get how to do iPad publishing right.
I was a print subscriber and received a "convert to digital" email from them. I had a great experience with that with other magazines like Wired, so I did it.
When you get digital, they did not give me access to any of the back issues - even the issues that I had received the print versions of. This is ridiculous. They should make the entire back catalog available.
They also pitch the digital as "get the latest issue sooner", but when I signed up on 2/1, I had already received the march issue and that was not yet available in the iPad version.
Give it a pass until someone else says this stuff is dealt with.
Great magazine. Crashy app.
I love Runner's World, and I'm thrilled to be able to read it on my iPad. In fact, I finally broke down and got a subscription as a present to myself. There's just the right mix of informational and inspirational articles to keep my interest, and photos of amazing runs and runners to make me incredibly jealous.
The app does tend to crash a lot, though. In fact, it consistently crashes in the ad section if the current issue. I really wish they would straighten these kinds of problems out, because I love reading and re-reading every issue.
Can't get their act together
Runner's World is still trying to get their app act together. They need to send someone from their development team for a field trip to National Geographic or The Economist who actually know how to build apps that work. This one does not. The transfer from a print to digital subscription is cumbersome and filled with errors. The biggest issue is that you can't login and get issues which you have already purchased. Failed attempt Runners World! Hope you figure it out soon.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 25, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rodale Inc. Digital
- © Runner's World
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runner's World 1 Year Renewable Subscription$19.99
- March 2014$4.99
- Runner's World Complete Guide to Running$9.99
- Jan 2013$4.99
- January 2012$4.99
- April 2012$4.99
- The Trail 2012$0.99
- Feb 2013$4.99
- February 2014$4.99
- April 2013$4.99