Running for Weight Loss: interval training plan, GPS, how-to-lose-weight tips by Red Rock Apps
By GRINASYS CORP.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fitness app #1 in 50 countries!
SLIM DOWN IN 8 WEEKS.
The only running app on the App Store designed specially for weight loss. Make your running serve your goals!
Featured in Washington Post, AppleInsider and Huffington Post. Featured by Apple in “Best Apps for Runners,” “Get in Shape,” “Hit the Ground Running in 2016.”
SPECIALLY FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Unique interval plans of running, walking and sprint intervals for maximum calorie burning.
- Choose from 6 training programs with a total length of 48 weeks;
- 3 levels of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced;
- 2-month training plans with 3 workouts per week.
TRAINING PLANS FOR EVERY OCCASION: More training plans for different goals and fitness levels to diversify your workouts.
- Running for Weight Loss;
- Run 5K;
- Run 10K;
- Start Running;
- Walking for Weight Loss.
CONVENIENT TRAINING: All you need is to do your best during a workout, the app will do the rest.
- 5 different coaches – choose your personal trainer, from sweet and encouraging to tough and military-style;
- Detailed audio instructions for every training;
- Voice encouragements and stats updates during your run;
- Adjustable amount of audio feedback.
DETAILED STATISTICS: Keep record of every workout and track your overall progress.
- Monitor your distance, time, pace and steps;
- GPS map of every workout;
- Accurate calorie counting;
- Manual editing of logs for treadmill runners;
- Mark your mood, weather and take notes about your workout;
- Take pictures during your run right from the app;
- Synchronization with Apple Health, Fitbit, Runkeeper and MapMyRun.
COOL RUNNING MUSIC: Listen to workout music to improve your results by 15% and motivation by 35%.
- Music tempo adjusts to your workout rhythm – music plays faster as you run faster;
- 1000+ mixes from talented DJs;
- New mixes from are available every day;
- All genres – from Classical and Oldies to Rock, Hip-hop and R&B;
- Your own music timed to your rhythm.
EVEN MORE: Lots of other cool features to make your running workouts more effective and boost your performance.
- Dozens of useful tips on training, clothes, nutrition and more;
- Share your running pics, stats and routes with friends on Facebook and Twitter;
- Auto-pause of training.
PREMIUM: Achieve results faster, easier and turn your workouts into real fun with Premium subscription.
- Choose between 5 different coaches – from nice and friendly to tough and military-style;
- Unlock all weight loss plans – 48 weeks of continuous interval training;
- Listen to cool music mixes created specially for running – all genres to match any taste;
- Adjust your music from iTunes/Apple Music to your running tempo;
- Remove all ads from the app.
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium Membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription is $9.99 per month, while the yearly subscription is $59.99 per year. (Price may vary by location.) Your subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. You can also manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app is developed for informational purposes only. You must always consult your physician or doctor before starting any fitness program.
What's New in Version 5.2.2
Awesome..just a few suggestions : )
First of all, I love this app. As someone who used to run a lot, but have been plagued by injuries for the past three years, I'm not anywhere near as fit as I was. With that said, my weight had gone up, and my endurance had gone down. This app really, really helps anyone at any level get started, or get back into running...endurance-wise and weight-wise. My only issues are that I wish my playlist music was easier to navigate/work from the app, when running on treadmill. Also, I'd like to put in my stats without going thru erasing the inaccurate ones from app-i.e using my fitness trackers stats. I say inaccurate, because, my phone is sitting still on treadmill, so the numbers are off, and I prefer to use tracker on my wrist. And one final issue of note, I don't quite understand why I'm getting stats from an Australian woman (not complaining about the fact that she's Australian-but why am I getting stats and distance from her, telling me "0 miles, 0 time?") I'm on a treadmill with no gps..she also states calories that are appearing on app. Makes no sense! Otherwise, I'd say a really good app-just needs some tweaks.
Improved speed and endurance
I never purchase costly apps, but I had stalled in my running progress, never getting past a 12:30 mile and I could only run one before taking a break. I purchased this without even sampling it, getting a deal on a one year subscription. The fact that it's only three days has helped quite a bit, and while I initially scoffed at the 5K program having me walk so much when I was used to jogging, it helped my speed improve quite a bit.
I just finished the seven week 5K program and I am running 3 miles in 35 minutes. I love the music playlists and the way they speed up to help you run.
The only downside to this is that it's not great at being consistent in telling you your speed. It will often tell me that my pace is "16:30 mph" when I'm clearly going much faster. When I view my breakdown at the end of the workout, I was never going 16:30. If that got fixed, I would say this is well worth the purchase. I run my 5K next week!
I really wanted to like this app
Based on all the positive reviews, I really wanted to like this app. Unfortunately, the constant full screen pop up ads are way too distracting and annoying. I've also experienced the app freezing and/or failing to continue providing voice prompts (which tell you when to run, walk or sprint). This seems to happen if you switch to any other app during a run or if you pause and resume the workout, like when you're waiting at a stop light. Even if I switch back to this app it doesn't seem to fix it. I've had runs where tracking stopped half way through so the stats and map were completely off. Also, the app requires constant access to Location Services/GPS, even when not using the app. I can't understand any justification for the app needing my GPS location 24/7. Pricing is also a game depending on if you pay to remove ads from the free version or pay for the "Pro" version, then pay again to remove ads. For these reasons I'm going back to a different running app, even though it has less features, at least it's reliable and doesn't track my location 24/7.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 03, 2016
- Version: 5.2.2
- Size: 119 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Grinasys Corp.
- © 2016 Grinasys Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Membership$9.99
- Premium Membership$8.99
- Premium Membership$39.99
- Remove ads$4.99
- Premium Membership$49.99
- Premium Membership$59.99
- Remove ads$4.99
- Premium Membership$49.99
- Premium Membership$5.99