Running From The Dead
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Running from The Dead is a Match-3 Survival RPG with a lot of zombies & bullet!
Collect tile to Run,Attack,Find items,Repair armor, heal your self and rush your way to the nearest safe house in order to survive.
Upgrade your equipment, Train a new skill or find a better weapon there're a lot of possibility to do here.
If you like Match three or love a zombie survival game. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Who know you may love this game like I do!
I'm spent nearly 2 years making this game from scratch by myself.
I'm just a gamer with no programming experience so it took me very long to learn the basic.
Even this game is done.
It's far from complete yet but so I'll keep update the game. I love to hear some feedbacks from you guy.
I've made this game out of love and passion.
(Everyone calling me crazy to quit my job and work on game)
This game is very fun and I hope that you will like it.
Some of the player comments on my game.
"...Running From the Dead has glimpses of brilliance..." -TouchArcade,Forums
"...Can't wait to see this released!"Reddit,iOS gaming
Thank you everyone who interesting.
You've giving hope to this little developer.
Wow, this is the beginning of something great!
I was interested in this as a descendent of DungeonRaid, which hasn't had an update in years. This very early version already is much better than the acclaimed Dungeon Story, which always seemed like a "me too" version of DungeonRaid. RFTD is such a thoughtfully designed and executed variant! The graphical depiction of fleeing the zombies adds another dimension to the usual stats/icons; you actually see the zombies fe the board depicted as chasing you, and matching the feet makes your character move forward towards a respite! This gives another way [and a viscerally appealing one!] to try to save yourself in addition to rebuilding armor, healing yourself, and waiting for special powers/tools. The zombie theme works well and creates an apocalyptic atmosphere despite the playfully blocky (but still well done!) graphics. There is plenty to improve in, however, including lack of instruction, hard-to-read zombie stats, and less-than-responsive swiping. Look forward to updates!
Great Detailed Match-3 w/ Novel Running Approach
I highly recommend Running From the Dead. It would be easy to overlook but does some unique stuff with the match-3 genre. For one it combines endless runner elements with a top screen potion requiring you to match 3+ boots to advance your character to the next safe location. The running component brings a lot of diversity to RFTD. At the start of each game there's unparalleled character customization with ability to chose weapon (each with pros/cons), previous job (again each with pros/cons), etc. Gameplay machanics are detailed with an emphasis on things like conserving bullets (here you can run out of bullets and then have to just race to next safe zone if attack is not carefully planned), tactical armor, health, money, etc.
1. The gameplay needs description, but there is no tutorial, no description in-game, no anything except for poorly translated tips in the loading screen before each game, and even this disappears too quickly. Most likely, the devs didn't want to find a translator and just used a dictionary to translate word by word.
2. The game lags for a moment every time you match some tiles. It really breaks off the immersion.
3. Seems to be buggy. Played one game, and the next game, all tiles were invisible. Manually shut down the game and it worked next game, but they should fix this.
4. Gathering boots to 'run away' has no effect on whether you're being hit by zombies or not, unless you collect enough to get to the next area altogether. The mechanic is more akin to if the zombies were shooting machine guns.
- Category: Games
- Released: Apr 29, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Songkran Wajanasathian
- © 2013 Songkran Wajanasathian
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.