Running Record Calculator | Stopwatch Recorder
By Von Bruno
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Running Record Calculator is the number choice for calculating Running Record scores. The App combines all the standard running record calculator and stopwatch functions with the convenience of audio recording playback. Flagging lets you quickly refer back to audio of difficult sections and automatically count errors and self-corrections. After entering the word count, you will be able to see students’ reading rate, percentage of accuracy, and self-correction ratio. Running Record Calculator is designed to be used by any teachers who assesses students using running records.
Here is how easy it is to use:
1. Tap the screen to start the stopwatch when the student begins reading.
2. Tap the "Flag Error" button to mark errors made by the student. (Optional)
3. Tap the "Self Corrected" button if the student corrects their error. (Optional)
3. Press "Done" when the reading is complete.
2. Enter the number of words read.
Immediately you will see the student's scores for words per minute, self-correct ratio, and accuracy percentage. You can update the number of errors and self-corrections by pressing the "Err" and "SC" buttons and entering the new numbers.
• Features you will love about the Running Records Calculator:
• Simplified look and workflow
• Built-in stopwatch with pause button
• Optional flagging for counting errors and self corrections
• Automatic calculation of WPM, Accuracy %, and Self Correct Ratio
• Audio playback of the entire reading
• Fast-forward & rewind to flagged errors when reviewing student’s audio
• Email a report of the running record with scores, notes, and audio
• Manually set and edit time.
The Running Record Calculator in not able to save records internally. Once you press Reset, all previous records are cleared for the next running record. If you are looking for an app that will help you calculate and store running records, have a look at LevelBook.
What's New in Version 3.01
-Sleep screen disabled on timer view.
Very Useful App
I have used this app for a couple of years. It is a fantastic way to calculate reading fluency in words per minute and percent. It gives another option besides having a student read for 1 minute and stop. With this app I can allow the student to read the entire passage and then calculate words per minute regardless of whether it took them 30 seconds or 5 minutes to complete the passage. I do think the recent update should include an option for the older, more simplified version. I can see why the coding would be useful but it means there is an extra step in flagging errors and this slows things down quite a bit, especially when calculating fluency for word probes. If the error coding were optional, this app would be 5 stars.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 26, 2015
- Version: 3.01
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Von Bruno
- © VonBruno 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.