Runtastic Running & Fitness
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
We are #strongertogether! Join the worldwide community of fitness-minded folks (just like you!) who are getting in the best shape of their lives with the free Runtastic GPS Running & Fitness app. Start today and track all your fitness activities - such as running, jogging, biking, hiking, skiing and walking - and monitor your distance, time, speed, elevation, calories burned & more! Plus, it’s fully optimized for Apple Watch.
**APP FEATURES & BENEFITS**
- Track workouts in real time with built-in GPS
- Monitor your personal training diary
- Real Voice Coach: Audio feedback on your first mile
- LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Receive messages & cheers from your friends on your next run
- Manually add activities
- Powersong: Integrated music player & Powersong to give your next workout a boost
- Yearly Running Goal: Set a running goal for the entire year
- Shoe Tracking: Keep track of the mileage on your running shoes
- Records: You've been getting better with every run? Keep track of your personal records directly in the app and get motivated to keep pushing yourself to improve.
**SHARE YOUR SUCCESS**
- Groups feature: Create groups with your friends near and far. And, of course, there is a leaderboard where you guys can engage in a little friendly competition.
- Running Leaderboard: See which of your friends has run the furthest this/last week or this month
**THE PERFECT ADDITION**
- Garmin Connect: Easily connect your Runtastic account to your Garmin Connect directly in the app. Conveniently synchronize activities from your Garmin Forerunner, Fenix, GPS-enabled Vivo or Edge bike computer with your Runtastic account.
- Integration with Apple Health & MyFitnessPal
- Runtastic Wearable Connect: Display activity stats on Runtastic Orbit & Runtastic Moment, our 24/7 wearables
**APPLE WATCH SUPPORT**
- Effortlessly start a Runtastic activity directly from your wrist with Apple Watch OS 4
- View real-time details of your activity and manage tracking settings directly on your watch
- Sync your Runtastic activities towards achieving your personal Exercise Ring goals
- Get notifications about your current pace after every km via vibration
Save all workouts on Runtastic.com. In the Runtastic online community, you'll get further analysis, coaching & encouraging comparisons to friends! These benefits keep you motivated while striving to reach fat burning, cardio training or overall health & wellness goals. You can also choose an expert training plan!
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium Membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription is $9.99 per month, while the yearly subscription is $49.99 per year. (Price may vary by location.) Your subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. You can also manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Runtastic Terms of Service: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
What's New in Version 8.1.1
We hate bugs as much as you do. Our team of experts always works to exterminate the problem as quickly as possible! Sorry for bugging you ;-)
Love Runtastic? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others why we're your favorite running app!
Good for outdoor activities, but lacks development...
Runtastic has been my goto running app for over a year (I’m still a Premium subscriber), but in that time I’ve seen very little core development. Recently there was an overhaul to the UI and, to be frank, they simply managed to make the settings more difficult to find — not very intuitive and buried deep within obscure menus.
My biggest concern has to do with the lack of development on indoor activities, specifically treadmill runs. Despite submitting feature requests to the Developers, the existing Treadmill activity is very limited. Features like Voice Coach don’t work (no Zone / heart rate feedback). There is no native iPad app and the iPhone version that can be used is awkward (stuck in portrait).
Although I’ve tried most of the big name apps, this is still the best available, IMHO. However, be aware of the development issues, not only lagging in improvements, but regular bugs that are released with updates. Incidentally, Support Requests have taken many weeks to months to be resolved when issues are discovered.
Runtastic has tremendous potential. I just think the app needs serious development to improve and maintain.
This app was recommended to me by a friend and I used it for about 4 months. My needs were very simple as I only needed to track time and distance. This app was good until about two month ago when I started getting so many ads it was frustrating. The final straw was two days ago as I was pushing really hard to achieve a specific timing goal. The update has started put ads when you swipe to finish a run and I couldn’t get the ad out of way to stop the timer or see my average time! Very frustrating. I have moved to another app with less intrusive ads.
Solid free version
It’s good for logging runs and working on pacing (through mile breakdowns when running with gps). I’ve also never had a problem with the gps on runs. Though trying to use music can be finicky as it auto starts Apple Music.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 20, 2017
- Version: 8.1.1
- Size: 176 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$9.99
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$49.99
- Premium Membership$39.99
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$35.99
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$4.99
- Running App Training Plans - 5k, 10k, Marathons and More$21.99
- Runtastic Premium Membership - Free Running Training Plans & Story Runs$39.99
- The Carrier of Truth$0.99
- The Globerunner$0.99
- The Tetradome Run I$0.99