Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor, Heartbeat & Pulse Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone into your personal HEART RATE MONITOR - yep, that’s possible!
Your pulse is racing, your heart is in your mouth: It’s easy to determine your physical or mental condition based on your pulse - and not only when you’re excited. Measure your heart rate after a training session to find out how your cardiovascular system is doing under stress. Or, take an HR measurement before your next exam. Runtastic Heart Rate shows you how fast your heart is beating at any given moment, no extra devices needed. Your iPhone will do the job. Unbelievable? Just try it out!
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Measure your heart rate with your iPhone camera
- Graphs illustrate your measurements
- Different measuring types: resting HR, pre- & post-workout HR, maximum HR
- Integration with Apple Health
- Upload your results to Runtastic.com, compare and analyze your measurements by day, week or year
- Share your HR measurements in social networks like Facebook & Twitter or via email
EASY TO USE
- Place and lightly hold your (index) finger against the back camera lens and flashlight
- Do not press too hard, otherwise blood circulation will be altered and the results could be
- When using an iPhone or iPad without a flashlight, be sure to take the measurement in a well-lit area (bright daylight works best)
- Remain calm and try not to move too much during the measurement, as this can compromise measurement accuracy
- Do not measure with cold fingers when the blood circulation is poor
Your resting heart rate varies depending on your age and training level. A very fit and athletic person has a lower resting HR than someone who’s hardly active. Eager to know if your fitness level has improved? Measure your heart rate on a regular basis and monitor the progress of your resting heart rate.
Download the Runtastic Heart Rate App today, check your heart rate regularly and show your friends how cool & calm you remain even when in a seemingly stressful situation!
WARNING: This is not a medical product.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
Your favorite heart rate tracking app just got better!
- Your feedback counts: We’re constantly improving our apps to provide you with the best possible experience.
Love Runtastic? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Amused at its lack of functionality
Avoid this one if you can. You can't measure without having to deal with an ad. Then if you upgrade, guess what - more ads. Seriously, but this time for their own additional apps or to tell you to rate them five stars. Since, in my opinion this app does not deserve any stars I decided to write a review to warn others. If you like ads, go for this. They claim connectivity with other fitness apps that you use, but it's not worth it. Runtastic is just as frustrating. Go with Garmin, Strava or any other number of fitness apps if you want real data without the fuss.
I know you need adds...but really??
So this is nice being able to take my heart rate for free on my iPhone 5s. I also I understand I have the free version and ads are kinda part of the whole free experience BUT...really?!? I'm right in the middle of a workout trying to get a max HR and the second I try to take my HR, up pops a 14 second video ad. I really don't care if there are ads, but the timing of these video ads couldn't be more inconvenient.
Annoying ads. If you want to elevate your heart rate, this app is for you!
Ok, so I can deal with the two screens asking you to "join" every time you open the app (however ridiculous it may be).
The obnoxious ads are what I cannot stand. I start measuring my pulse and a few seconds in, an ad pops up. Waiting 15 seconds to be able to exit the ad and having to start the measurement over again is stupid. Not to mention, by that time, I'm so annoyed and my heart rate is higher than it was before I opened this stupid app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 29, 2016
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 33.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.