The Runtastic Mountain Bike app turns your iPhone into a multifunctional GPS cycling computer! Whether you’re on your favorite trails or exploring new routes while enjoying the mountain scenery, Runtastic Mountain Bike is your perfect companion. Track your rides, tours and trails with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance with your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of users today.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in Lite version)
- Track MTB tours via GPS: Duration, distance, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- LIVE Tracking: Track your trails in real time & show friends your current location
- Browse & search thousands of mountain bike routes (available in the app & on Runtastic.com)
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Configure maps: Apple Maps, Open Cycle Map, Open Street Map
- Offline maps: Download & save maps to your iPhone to use them without internet connection
- Split Tables: Analysis of each split of your mountain bike trek
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Provides info on wind & weather conditions
- Save your MTB activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your mountain bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a MTB rider could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Runtastic Terms & Conditions: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
To make sure the app is fully functioning for you, we
- fixed a few minor bugs
- improved the app’s stability
Ratings and Reviews
This app stinks!
I downloaded this app and the first time I used it I loved it. Then I closed the app.....I went to log back in and the app didn’t recognize my password so I thought “maybe I forgot my password” so I went to the “Forgot My Password” section on the website. It sends me an email to reset my password and so when I follow that link I constantly get a “link expired” message. After several attempts I gave up. I will try to find another app. I don’t feel it should be this troublesome to use an app. Thankfully I didn’t pay for it.
I’ve tried several apps side by side and this one gives me the most data from my rides. I had an issue at first because I had the wheel size wrong but I emailed support and they not only helped me by gave me more helpful tips than just the answer I was looking for. Great App and on an Apple Watch, it’s even better!
Used to love this app, then it just shut off in the middle of a ride. When I relaunched the app, it recognized that a session was running and just lost all the data in between. Another thing, it doesn’t sync with my iPhone health app, which for some reason recognizes Roadbike and other Runtastic Apps. Why is this? Please get back Runtastic with help on how I can sync Runtastic with iPhone Health.
- 64.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © runtastic GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.