The Runtastic Mountain Bike app turns your iPhone into a multifunctional GPS cycling computer! Whether you’re on your favorite trails or exploring new routes while enjoying the mountain scenery, Runtastic Mountain Bike is your perfect companion. Track your rides, tours and trails with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance with your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of users today.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Track MTB tours via GPS: Duration, distance, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- LIVE Tracking: Track your trails in real time & show friends your current location
- Browse & search thousands of mountain bike routes (available in the app & on Runtastic.com)
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Configure maps: Apple Maps, Open Cycle Map, Open Street Map
- Offline maps: Download & save maps to your iPhone to use them without internet connection
- Split Tables: Analysis of each split of your mountain bike trek
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Provides info on wind & weather conditions
- Save your MTB activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your mountain bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a MTB rider could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Runtastic Terms & Conditions: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
To make sure the app is fully functioning for you, we
- fixed a few minor bugs
- improved the app’s stability
Ratings and Reviews
Cadence monitor / gps speed sensing
Great app (generally) but when using just a cadence monitor the gps speed monitoring is disabled — app assumes a cadence monitor also comes with a speed sending device. Please allow pairing of a cadence sensor without disabling gps. Perhaps sense of no speed detected when cadence happening that the speed sensing is to be gps based. Better yet just give app ability to allow user to force how to be used for speed sensing even if speed sensing device is on bike.
I’ve been using the app for years and like it — just added a cadence sensor and the app ‘broke’ for me.
Great app, just needs a couple of minor improvements
I’ve been using it for about a month now. Overall the app works really well. The OpenCycle map availability is great to have and ability to maximize the map during a ride is very welcome. It would be nice to be able to optionally add an overlay with trail details where available (trail skill level, other riders’ comments, etc.). Other improvements I would love to see that would make this a five star app:
- Have the map move under me. It’s annoying to constantly keep moving the map manually during the ride as rider position disappears off screen
- Swap the speed colors on recorded routes. “Green is slow, Red is fast” is the opposite of normal convention. Swap the colors or make them configurable.
- Allow heart rate to be sourced from Apple Watch.
These are my major gripes. Great app otherwise, guys! Keep up the good work!
Great app missing two things
I’m kind of mew to MTB and have use this app for about a month. The app is great to find routes around your area and to map your own routes. My two issues are; 1) downloaded maps do not give you the option to follow the route in the direction you are going only true north. 2) you can’t upload the your routes from your phone you have to go online on a pc and upload from the website. Other than that a great app to track your progress.
- 63.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © runtastic GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.