Runtastic Road Bike GPS Cycling Route Tracker PRO
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Runtastic Road Bike app, developed by road biking experts, turns your iPhone into a top GPS cycling computer with an array of incredible features! Track your tours, races and rides with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance to your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of enthusiastic users.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Track bike tours via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of bike routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Detailed illustration of your velo route including elevation profile
- Open Street Map & Open Cycle Map integration, plus Offline Maps available: Download & save maps on your iPhone to use them abroad or without internet connection
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Save your cycling activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for iPhone
- Runtastic Sports Armband
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a (road) biker could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.5
- Your feedback counts: We’re constantly improving our apps to provide you with the best possible experience.
Love Runtastic? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Info at the ready
I ride almost everyday & I always use Runtastic (except for quick jaunts to my son's school & back). I like the voice feedback, and the display is great. I ordered the cadence sensors but they would not connect. I gave up trying. That would've been the fifth star. Other than that, the app works great & I would highly recommend it.
Update after 2 years.
The problem with the cadence sensors was not because of a faulty product. It was my fault. My old life proof phone case would not initially connect to Bluetooth. I found this out when I had it out of the case and connected to some Bluetooth headphones. They worked fine after the initial connection but I had to do it with the case off. I haven't gone back to purchase the sensors, but I still use this app almost every day. It is awesome awesome awesome! Five stars all the way!
I've just crossed the 500—EDIT: now over 1000—mile mark and this has helped with motivation & focus. A couple quibbles that the “calories burned” estimation seems to depend on the total time, so when I hit lots of stop lights on my commute, it says I worked less hard. And that total time doesn't measure total cycling time; it shouldn't be too hard to cut out the 30 or 60 seconds I'm not moving in its calculation of average speed and calories.
Otherwise, does the job; glad to have it and well worth the paid upgrade to focus on riding, not ads.
Update: still 4 stars. Irritants: ① that a paid-for app requires extra subscription to download/export my data. ② that a companion app for runners has an “auto pause” feature available but this requires manual action at stoplights (yes, I sometimes observe red lights!) or coffee shop. Otherwise reliable & helpful.
No real complaints, one small suggestion
I'm mostly a weekend warrior rider but I've been unable to find a better road bike app. I really appreciate the fact it integrates with cadence counters, even those not branded as Runtastic. And it's gots plenty of information I can use in order to ensure i have a goal to shoot for next time. My one small suggestion?: you already integrate with the non-Runtastic branded cadence monitors (mine is Panabike) so how about allowing integration to other branded heart monitors such as my Garmin vivosmart HR+? You guys do that and you have a 10 star rating from me!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 19, 2017
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 57.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.