Runtastic Road Bike GPS PRO
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Runtastic Road Bike app, developed by road biking experts, turns your iPhone into a top GPS cycling computer with an array of incredible features! Track your tours, races and rides with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance to your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of enthusiastic users.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Track bike tours via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of bike routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Detailed illustration of your velo route including elevation profile
- Open Street Map & Open Cycle Map integration, plus Offline Maps available: Download & save maps on your iPhone to use them abroad or without internet connection
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Save your cycling activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for iPhone
- Runtastic Sports Armband
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a (road) biker could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Runtastic Terms of Service: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
What's New in Version 3.5.2
The reason for the update?
We've made a couple of improvements to make sure the app is fully functioning for you. Just install the update and continue with your usual activities :)
Love the Runtastic Road Bike PRO app? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others why Runtastic Road Bike PRO is your favourite biking app in the App Store!
Got a question for us? We've got an answer at help.runtastic.com!
I rated the previous version of this app 5 stars but am now rating the current version of this app 2 stars. This app is now officially messed up. If you stay within this app the entire time you use it you will likely be OK. However if you leave the app, for example to check mail and you forget to return to it soon, you risk losing your session. The app may stop recording your session. Initially when you leave the app there is a blue banner at the top that says the app is using your GPS. This banner takes valuable screen space and makes using other apps more difficult. If this banner every goes away while you are using a different app , then your session has stopped recording. The worst part of this though is if you don't notice the session has paused and you return to Road Bike, your previous recorded track information may be compromised. You are given the option to continue the session, but the stupid app often throws away you track and draws a straight line from where you started to where you are now....very annoying. The change they made to this version may save battery but it's not worth it.
Also this app does not allow you to record waypoints nor measure distances.
Below is my original 5 star review:
I like this application a lot and I also like and appreciate the web support which allows me to view my route history online or within the application. The technical support is also very friendly and helpful.
Roadbike pro is the most annoying app I use with regularity. Runtastic crossed the line when they gave me the option of giving them a five star rating or not reviewing at all. I tried sending emails expressing my concerns but received no response. You should consider these points prior to purchase. Pause and resume buttons are much too small to use, particularly during oxygen debt. If you miss the button the screen shifts and you must find buttons that are even smaller to return to the original screen. The scale of the map (about 500 yards) it's not useful for a cyclist; it should be about five miles (or adjustable). Map display should be 'track-up' or 'north -up' according to the riders preference. North-up is the only option the app offers. It is possible to add remarks (such as wind speed), but the clutter of emojis makes it impossible to see what you are writing. Thank you Runtastic. You have a mediocre app!
Used to be best cycling app, now no longer works with 3rd party sensors
Runtastic Road Bike Pro used to be best cycling app, with every feature from universal sensor support to navigation.
Since a recent update, the app is now no longer works with 3rd party Bluetooth speed/cadence sensors such as Cateye ISC-12 that used to work fine with the app before and continue to work fine with other apps such as Wahoo Fitness or Cateye Cycling.
This appears to either be greed for customers to purchase Runtastic sensor hardware or purely a Runtastic software bug or Runtastic QA test escape.
Super disappointed to have spent money to purchase this app only to find out it no longer works due to Runtastic software regression.
If you need an entry-level app with GPS-only tracking, this is fine. Do not pay for this app in the hope it would work with Bluetooth sensors for professional cycling use. Clearly, it doesn’t and the company doesn’t care about introducing functional regressions.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 21, 2017
- Version: 3.5.2
- Size: 57.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.