Runtastic Road Bike PRO GPS Cycling Computer, Ride and Route Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Runtastic Road Bike app, developed by road biking experts, turns your iPhone into a top GPS cycling computer with an array of incredible features! Track your tours, races and rides with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance to your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of enthusiastic users.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Track bike tours via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of bike routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Detailed illustration of your velo route including elevation profile
- Open Street Map & Open Cycle Map integration, plus Offline Maps available: Download & save maps on your iPhone to use them abroad or without internet connection
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Save your cycling activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for iPhone
- Runtastic Sports Armband
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a (road) biker could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.3
Your favorite biking app is now better than ever!
- Performance Improvements
Love Runtastic? Our goal is to help you improve your fitness and encourage healthy living. Rate us & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Not quite perfect...
On the whole, this is not a bad app for tracking your training. I have been using this app for running and biking for a couple years now. However, the following reasons keep me from rating it a 5 star: (1) I hope you bring your magnifying glass if you want to read your HR display on the fly, (2) beware if you try to start the app w/o wi-fi or broadband, you are dead in the water, this app should be capable of running with GPS alone, but it's not, 3) though it is probably a hardware issue, compatibility with all HR transmitters, not just Bluetooth, would be preferable, (4) as long as we are talking about the HR functionality, why is it so rare when the transmitter actually syncs up?, and 5) no one should have to buy two apps to cover running and cycling. I understand the business model Runtastic GmbH has chosen, however, it is the wrong business model. Just charge the user more for one perfect app. I am not going to pay for two mediocre apps and I am probably not alone. Fix these items and the app would be 5 stars in my view.
I've just crossed the 500 mile mark and this has helped with motivation & focus. A couple quibbles that the “calories burned” estimation seems to depend on the total time, so when I hit lots of stop lights on my commute, it says I worked less hard. And that total time doesn't measure total <b>cycling time</b>; it shouldn't be too hard to cut out the 30 or 60 seconds I'm not moving in its calculation of average speed and calories.
Otherwise, does the job; glad to have it and well worth the paid upgrade to focus on riding, not ads.
I have been using the upgrade app for about a year. Does most of what I need. Sure would like to auto pause when stopped. Also would like to see some options for keeping track of mileage for new tires, new chain, etc. otherwise this does all a $200 computer would do. I would highly recommend.
It does have one annoying thing, on longer rides it will go into pause for some reason. Today I rode a century and it paused at about 60 miles. Not a good thing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 05, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 49.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.