Runtastic Road Bike PRO GPS Cycling Computer, Ride and Route Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Runtastic Road Bike app, developed by road biking experts, turns your iPhone into a top GPS cycling computer with an array of incredible features! Track your tours, races and rides with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance to your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of enthusiastic users.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Track bike tours via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of bike routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Detailed illustration of your velo route including elevation profile
- Open Street Map & Open Cycle Map integration, plus Offline Maps available: Download & save maps on your iPhone to use them abroad or without internet connection
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Save your cycling activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for iPhone
- Runtastic Sports Armband
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a (road) biker could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
- Improved stability and minor bug fixes
Love Runtastic? Our goal is to help you improve your fitness and encourage healthy living. Rate us & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Decent app. No turn by turn maps
I bought the pro version just for the sake of routes. The fact that routes can be created on web and you can use them on mobile device. But beware the route is shown on your mobile device there is no turn by turn navigation support. Also the web interface to plan the route is crude. If you enter an address in the search window it simply zooms the map towards the location. It should be dropping a pin pointing the location. There are these shortcomings. Overall app is good. I will be using it hoping for a fix for sometime. If no fix comes by it will be a deal breaker for me as this one maps feature was the sole reason for me to buy the app in first place.
Decent app, lousy tech support
If you have multiple social networking accounts, or created multiple runtastic accounts due to changing email addresses or id due to marriage/divorce, runtastic cannot seem to grasp this concept. Despite numerous emails to tech support, who take about a month to respond, they still cannot manage to figure it out or combine accounts. It was working, then inexplicably stopped tracking one of my main activities. Basically, this app is a mess and buggy. I cannot recomend premium membership, it is not worth it due to all the problems that need to be worked out with the app/website. It us a cool concept, some day it might be woth it, but I have been using it for three years now and they still do not have it working as it should be.
Runtastic road bike pro
I almost always ride by my self so I always take my phone with me when I ride. I figured it would prudent to find a app that tracks all my stats as well as speed and elevation on the phone I was already taking with me. Saves weight, simple, this app is waaaaay cheaper then a head unit ;)
It's a pretty solid app. It taps into your phones gps, my heart rate sensor and power meter every time with no issue. Nearly flawless actually.
The home screen that displays all the trip info is customizable.
This is pretty much the only app and info a commuter/weekend worrier would need. And it does a great job!
I have used it to track millage and trip times for 2 years now. There are a few things that could be added, features like: shorter split time tables, graphs that actually let you change the point of view or scale and being able to adjust what's indexed in the stats history on the device I Actually run the app on. Just some small usability things.
iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 02, 2016
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 44.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.