RxHero is an educational game for healthcare students and professionals to learn the top 250 medications in the outpatient setting (also known as the Top 200 Drugs or Top 300 Drugs). RxHero uses a multi-modal, adaptive learning approach with quizzes, matching, and drug spelling combined with a gamification component with quests, campaigns, points, and rankings as you progress through the app.
This app is perfect for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physician assistants, nurses, nursing students, physicians, medical students, and other healthcare professionals. The drug database is designed to aid in studying for both students in school and those preparing for standardized exams (eg, NAPLEX, BCPS, PTCB, ExCPT, PANCE/PANRE, NCLEX, USMLE, COMLEX).
== FEATURES ==
• Content includes brand/generic names, drug class, indications, common/rare adverse effects, boxed warnings, counseling pearls, notable drug interactions, and mechanism of action
• Assess your drug therapy knowledge using multiple-choice quizzes, term matching, and drug name spelling
• Adaptive (Leitner) learning mode focuses on drug facts that you haven't mastered yet to optimize your study time
• On-demand drug pronunciations are embedded throughout the app
• With in-app purchase, contains the top 250 of the most common outpatient medications based on the ClinCalc DrugStats database (version 19.1)
== GAMIFICATION ==
• Motivate your learning with a unique "gamification" component
• Earn points for answering correctly and bonus points for rapid responses
• Earn higher rankings as you accumulate points
• 5-star system denotes your proficiency with each drug category
• Earn a variety of awards as you reach important game milestones in the app
== AUTHOR INFORMATION ==
This app and all of its content was created by Sean P. Kane, PharmD, BCPS – a clinical pharmacist, associate professor, and author of the popular evidence-based website, ClinCalc.com. The drug list and drug information closely mirrors the popular video-based course series The Top 250 Drugs (http://top250drugs.com).
Ratings and Reviews
- ClinCalc LLC
- 34.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2019 - ClinCalc LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Core 250 Drugs $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.