By Vianney Lecroart
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Ryzom, one of the best ROLE PLAYING Massively Multiplayer Online Game of the moment (MMORPG), is set more than 2000 years in the future, on a living, evolving world: beautiful Atys!
FREE Download of our MMORPG & FREE TO PLAY, no credit card needed, sign up in less than 60 seconds! Enjoy...
A unique virtual MMORPG world
Planet Atys is not only an MMORPG, but also a living, virtual world, with five rich and diverse ecosystems. A powerful AI technology makes flora and fauna interact dynamically with each other and the ever-changing environment.
Our MMORPG is based on Freedom
Choose and fully customize a role-play or RPG character from any of the four races of our MMORPG. The skill-based action tree then allows you to gain experience in fighting, magic, crafting and/or foraging, and to fully customize your spells and special attacks (There are thousands of possible combinations!).
Our MMORPG is Role-play oriented
Your role-play actions influence the story line of our MMORPG. Lots of large-scale Role-Play and RPG events are organized around players’ wishes.
Multiplayer Consensual PvP
Different types of PvP combat coexist in our MMORPG, and since not everyone likes PvP in an MMORPG, you can choose whether or not to get involved. If you are looking to engage in multiplayer combat, the game offers various possibilities: Duels, GvG, FvF and full PvP.
Strong Role-play & RPG Community
Available in English, French and German, our MMORPG Ryzom enjoys a strong, friendly and mature role-play and RPG Community. The communication between developers and players is an essential component of the unceasing improvement work of our MMORPG.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- All players are now on the same server!
- Advanced WebIg ("Web in-game") features uses now an improved system, much faster and secure.
- WebIg uses now a Trusted Domains feature. Only Trusted Domains (atys.ryzom.com) can use LUA.
- You can now add offline players to your friends list.
- League system: Temporary PvP alliance of Teams
- Lot of work on PvP, PvP safe zones, PvP Points, PvP icons (Add screens).
- New Organizations system. An Organization is not a Civilization or a Cult, but a group of homins with the same goal. Some examples of Organizations are: Marauders, Trytonists, Rangers.
- Players can only be part of one Organization at a time.
- Players can join an Organization by passing a rite (at the moment, only the Marauders but others can be added later).
- Each Organization will have fame requirements to enable the rite. The sage (or equivalent) of the Organization will give more information.
- Players can win Organization points (like civilization points).
- Players who join the Marauder Organization will have access to their own merchants, trainers, guild halls and rooms.
- Marauders plan to make their teleport system available to players who join their Organization.
- Some Bug fixes & Exploit fixes
All the new features here: http://atys.ryzom.com/start/app_forum.php?page=topic/view/11651
A Diamond in the Rough
What can you expect from a MMORPG almost no one has heard of and is on the apple itunes store? EVERYTHING, this game blows the tops off of a market that we have all seen pumped full of of remakes of the big names in the industry. Whether you are new to the genre or looking for something new you have hit home with this amazing title. The learning curve is steep in this game and the begining might have you saying, "where am I?" "what am I doing?", But 20 minutes in and you realize how helpful and proactive the community is in this game. With in just 2 hours of game time I have already made 3 friends who not only helped me learn the dynamics of this complex game, but also set me up with some great gear. Over all its nice playing something that smashes the doors wide open on such a monopolized game idustry, and I hope that people will give it a chance to really shine. Like I said "A Diamond in the Rough". Good work apple for adding a 5 star game to your line up.
Ok game but still one major problem
Although at first it seemed to be a good game one of the first things I noticed was the extremely frequent disconnects in the middle of a battle or trying to go to a trainer or just moving around. I will admit that the graphics are decent and overall when I was able to play it was kind of fun. This is a large download which can take a while on slower connections. Although I liked the graphics and some of the game play the frequent disconnects were what led me to remove this from my system. If you have a very fast internet connection then there may not be too many problems but if you internet is a bit slower then don’t download this game.
Might be good, but can’t get it to run. So who knows? *shrug*
Downloaded the 3+ Gb, installed it and, after creating an account, launched the game. It crashed my Mac and logged me completely off. I logged back onto my Mac, made sure nothing else was running and relaunched. BOOM, down it went again. Crashed and logged me off my Mac. Each time it generated a “graphics error” that I could report to Apple. I did, but of course that doesn’t help with getting the game to run.
Wierd part is I was able to create my toon, but when I clicked “Play”, the game punted me off my comp. So, guess I can delete this one from my MacBook Pro and keep on looking for something worthy of 3Gb of space on my harddisk.
Too bad. It looked like it might have been a good game.