Connect to The Sacramento Bee newspaper’s app wherever you are.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, Folsom and El Dorado, California. The Sacramento Bee and SacBee.com report on the local topics you care about, including local, weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the Sacramento area.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events.
• The Sacramento Bee opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Sacramento Bee app comes with complimentary web access to sacbee.com, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first two weeks free. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The Sacramento Bee app, eEdition and sacbee.com.
Your credit card will not be charged until after the two-week free trial.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.sacbee.com/site-services/terms-of-service/
We fixed some bugs that caused articles to be cut off and not display in full.
Ratings and Reviews
This app could have stood out but removing the Print Addition was a terrible mistake. For those that have and do read a Newspaper this app leaves one disturbed? Why remove the only reason one would open the app in the first place? The bee has had such a problem over the years with its beliefs and tactics to influence that now it's continuing to shut out its true customers! SAD DAY FOR THE BEE, yes Newspapers are failing and they are failing on there on accord. Now I remove all of my adds!
A whole new group of inexperienced reporters and the Lose of Denny Walsh and Peter Hecht just to name a few have hurt the Bee! Replacing them with young kids that are Cheap is one way to so some kind of profit? You have the opportunity to do it write with the Finest Reporters but I have yet to see fair reporting! Your down on the GOP but support Idiots that FLIP OF THE COUNTRY! The bee is a Rag Now and has been for years! Start telling the truth, our News Reports will start soon and we are building a list of media outlets that twist Facts! We will twist the outlet and Correct the truth! New Day and your old rag did not keep up! Too bad your people running this rag must have their heads in the sand!
Difficult and clumsy
Since I subscribe to the print version, I frequently find a story I’d like to share with someone who does not. With the confusing top line of types of stories, where you find duplicate entries galore and seldom any features beyond insipid sports writing (not including Joe Davidson, who is first class), you have to look through all the headings under each banner to see if the article you want might be there.
I don’t understand why the website wouldn’t organize under more traditional headings: Top Stories, National News, International News, Local News, Business, Sports, Opinion, and then Features or special groups of features like Food.
Nor do I understand why there is no search function to use so you don’t have to scroll through all the entries to see if your article can be found.
All the stories now are in digital form. Pay some competent web designer to have the site do a far better job of mirroring the printed version.
Thanks for the opportunity to comment.
Hey why did you feel compelled to update anything other than security issues with your previous app? It is hard to navigate and the screens are inconsistent. I often get lost trying to view the various sections of the paper. The current version of the paper often will not download despite repeated attempts to access the current news with the recent file.
Additionally the pop-up adds are annoying as hell!
- McClatchy Interactive
- 65.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 The Sacramento Bee, an affiliate of The McClatchy Company. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.