**IMPORTANT** This app is for Safari Books Online subscribers only, and is not compatible with our new Safari subscriptions.
With your Safari Books Online account you get instant access to the best books and videos for technology, creative, and business professionals from the world's most trusted experts.
- Full-Text and in-book search the entire Library
- Resume where you left off from your Recent Lists
- Save up to 3 books to your Offline Bookbag to read when offline in Airplane mode.
- See what's New & Popular in your Favorite topics
- View, Create & Add titles to your Favorite Folders
- Use Smart Folders to save your frequent searches
- Set Bookmarks on Important Pages
NOTE: If you are logging in via Alternate Login (SSO) and you don't have your Organization ID, please contact the learning coordinator in your Organization
+ Fixed problem with sign-in screen (sorry)
+ Video-player tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it needs to do, but no more
I can read books and they automatically sync with the books on the PC, I suppose that's all I really NEED the app to do. The Safari library contains a wonderful assortment of books on leadership and data science, which makes me inclined to use it often. The app is okay. I can set it to a kind of 'night mode' with a black background and I can adjust font size, but overall this is a no (few) frills app. It might be worth noting that I have free access to Safari Online Books and I would probably be more aggravated by the lack of features if I was paying money for it.
An actually great app
Guys, seriously. You have unrealistic expectations. Half of these reviews are complaining about the app not working or the offline bookbag doesn't. Not sure what but it's been working great for me for quite a while.
I understand everyone wants features like "scribbling notes" but on a device this wouldn't be a good user experience. The app presents what it does and does succeed!
Giving it a low star rating makes zero sense because one feature is nonexistent.
Still waiting for a decent app (UPDATE)
I suppose it will never happen now that Safari has a new platform, but this old app was never finished. Even though most of the Safari library seems to be based on ePub, the reader on iPad is limited and amateur.
But the biggest problem is why doesn't Safari integrate all its features? I highlighted a book on the web version and wrote lots of notes. These notes and highlights are INVISIBLE on the iPad version.
Update: The offline book bag doesn't work either. You might get a few pages, but eventually it fails and says can't connect. Who wrote this stuff?
- Safari Books Online
- 12.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Safari Books Online, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.