By Safari Books Online
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Safari offers technology and business professionals unlimited access to a huge library of the most relevant books, videos, training courses, audiobooks, certification study guides and conferences. Remarkable careers are built on the knowledge gained from our huge catalog, and new ideas and interests are nurtured.
Safari Queue is the app that lets you take our huge collection wherever you go:
- Download as many books and videos as you can squeeze onto your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, to read offline or online
- Start reading on one device and pick up where you left on another, with effortless syncing of highlights and position.
- Adjust text display for comfort, with font-size controls and ‘night mode’.
- Search the catalog for new books and videos to add to your queue, and keep up to date with our stream of the most recently-added content
- Control the app with an external keyboard
Please note that to use this application you must have an active Safari account created after July 2014. If you are a Safari Books Online customer who joined before July 2014, please use our Safari To Go app, also available in the App Store.
What's New in Version 1.7.3
• Title screens now have less bugginess when they animate. Always a good thing.
• Books and videos get saved a little bit quicker, giving you a few extra seconds in your day for cat videos on YouTube.
• Our previous record holder for the highest number of crashes has been fixed. Farewell, #1876.
As always, we are looking for beta testers to help test future releases. If you like having your opinion heard and installing risky software, send us a message in the Feedback tab within the app.
My favorite way to learn
Well thought out app that can access a substantial number of high quality technology resources (books and videos).
Old app much better
I relay liked the old app they had. Offline reading, page view with no scrolling.. so much more that this is missing and it's a shame that development is nonexistent for this app anymore. I really like reading in my iPad, not on a computer. For a paid service this is somewhat disappointing since I really like the content.
The developers of this app need to work on supporting accessibility for voiceover. I can navigate to a book, but cannot read the book. VoiceOver appears to read the summary, but I cannot tell it to take me to parts of books that I would like to read.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 13, 2016
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Safari Books Online
- © 2016 Safari Books Online
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.