Safari offers technology and business professionals unlimited access to a huge library of the most relevant books, videos, training courses, audiobooks, certification study guides and conferences. Remarkable careers are built on the knowledge gained from our huge catalog, and new ideas and interests are nurtured.
Safari Queue is the app that lets you take our huge collection wherever you go:
- Download as many books and videos as you can squeeze onto your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, to read offline or online
- Start reading on one device and pick up where you left on another, with effortless syncing of highlights and position.
- Adjust text display for comfort, with font-size controls and ‘night mode’.
- Search the catalog for new books and videos to add to your queue, and keep up to date with our stream of the most recently-added content
- Control the app with an external keyboard
Please note that to use this application you must have an active Safari account created after July 2014. If you are a Safari Books Online customer who joined before July 2014, please use our Safari To Go app, also available in the App Store.
• Want to dive right back into your latest book or video? Our new “Continue” bar on the Playlists screen makes it easy to resume your last read book or watched video with a single tap.
• Now you can jump directly to a book or video chapter from the Table of Contents in the Book or Video detail page.
• Does the book you're reading contain TIFFs? If so, we can now display them!
• After you’re done downloading all of the videos in a series, our activity spinner should stop spinning. (It hadn't gotten the memo.)
• iPad Pro users rejoice at seeing even more content at once now that we give you slightly smaller horizontal margins.
• Downloads are faster now that we are taking advantage of caching on our servers.
•A handful of our most common crashes have been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t let me log in anymore
Was ok when it was working, then kept getting network failures recently and couldn’t read/watch a thing. Also, I couldn’t see the items that were in my queue (I could only see them on desktop). So I decided to log out and log back in. And guess what? The end for me. Can’t even log in using SSO now. It opens my company page and when I log in, I stay logged in on that page. When I hit Done, nothing happens. I gotta study for a test I have comping up and don’t have time to deal with this crappy app.
EDIT: Just downloaded version 2.0.0 of this app, still cant log in. I can successfully log in the mini browser that pops up within the app but can’t log in to the app itself. Please fix this.
EDIT2: Updated to version 2.0.1 and the bug is fixed!! I can finally use SSO again in this app. Developers have worked hard to fix it, so changing my review from one to 5 stars!!
PS. - I kinda liked the old logo better lol
Version 2.2.3 crashes on iPad Pro
The app was running fairly well and had Improved substantially, but the latest version (2.2.3) is now crashing at start 100% of the time on my iPad Pro. I love the Safari content, but the iOS app has been frustrating. Updates sometimes run well or adequately, but some updates are painfully slow to start or navigate. This version is unusable. I tried force quitting and rebooting my iPad, but it did not help with this latest problem. I may try to uninstall and reinstall the app again, but I would rather not be forced to download my content again.
I'm sorry to hear the app is crashing on you. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to get it resolved. I understand that it's inconvenient to have to download content again, but uninstalling and reinstalling is certainly a reasonable thing to try.
App is getting better over time
I’m encouraged by the continued development of the app. I was critical when it released without any search function but that thankfully works now.
Next up, actual clickable hyperlinks from the index of books to go to the page. This is needed for large books like Unix Power Tools since scrolling through the table of contents takes dozens of swipes, then to find you can’t tap from the index to the text is dozens more swipes.
I’ll certainly renew for another year to see if this service and app gets to where it will be a powerhouse for research and learning.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.