By SAFARI Montage
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The SAFARI Montage iOS app extends support for SAFARI Montage to Apple iOS mobile device users utilizing iPads and iPhones. It only works in conjunction with a properly configured SAFARI Montage server to provide access to a mobile feature set specific to the school district’s SAFARI Montage environment. The app allows flexibility, intuitive navigation and greater use of existing SAFARI Montage features to help users access their system within 1:1 and BYOD educational environments or while on the go.
After downloading the app, users can connect by simply entering the school or district’s SAFARI Montage server (the same host name displayed in the address bar when accessing via a web browser), selecting the appropriate school name and logging in with their SAFARI Montage credentials.
Features of the app adapt to the district’s installed modules and include:
· Access to the SAFARI Montage Dashboard and system features, refined for the iPhone and iPad
· Ability to search for and play content licensed via SAFARI Montage as well as SAFARI Montage CreationStation® content uploaded by district users
· For districts with CreationStation, any User with Upload Rights (including teachers and students) will be able to capture images and videos live and instantly upload from their iPad or iPhone
o Students with Upload rights can upload new files directly to My Locker, and access the existing content of My Locker from their iPad or iPhone.
o For districts with the Multi-Format Auto-Converter module, supported video and document uploads are auto-converted to mobile-friendly, lower bitrate video and PDF file formats
· For districts with the Digital Curriculum Presenter™ (DCP) module, students can utilize their mobile devices as a student response system and participate in Get it? ™ formative assessment sessions. How it works:
§ Get it? formative assessment questions are authored on a SAFARI Montage server
§ Responses are collected by the server
§ Questions with multimedia are presented to the student on their device via a local Wi-Fi network
§ Classroom results are available to the teacher in real time
§ All data is retained on the server for later analysis and retrieval
· For districts with DCP, teachers and students can also utilize their mobile devices to participate in interactive View & Chat sessions
· View & Chat allows for synchronous chat between students and teachers while playing video during a DCP lesson
· To join a View & Chat session from an iPhone or iPad, users just need to open the app, select the View & Chat option and enter the 4-digit session ID number that will be located at the top of DCP Presentation View & Chat window displayed to the class.
· After joining the session, users can type and post comments which will be displayed to the entire class
· Note: Users with non-iOS mobile devices can also join sessions by logging into SAFARI Montage and clicking on the View & Chat icon from their dashboard
· For Districts with Pathways SM™, users may access reservations, rooms and device remote controls
· SAFARI Montage v. 5.8.50+ and Digital Curriculum Presenter for View & Chat
· SAFARI Montage v5.8+ and CreationStation for My Locker
· SAFARI Montage v5.4 + and Digital Curriculum Presenter for Get It?
· SAFARI Montage v4.4.8+ for general support
· Additional modules required to support specific features:
o CreationStation for My Locker and mobile upload
o Multi-Format Auto-Converter for automated video and document conversion
o Pathways SM™ for device control
What's New in Version 1.0.6
· Users with the Digital Curriculum Presenter module can now use the new View & Chat feature from their mobile devices
· Teachers w/Upload Rights and higher level users can now capture and instantly upload images or videos from their mobile device to SAFARI Montage with a dedicated CreationStation app button
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 24, 2014
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Library Video Company
- © 2010-2014 Library Video Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.