The Safe 2 Save app motivates drivers to put away their phones while they drive by awarding them points that can be redeemed at their favorite restaurants and businesses.
Here’s some key tips about using SAFE 2 SAVE …
1) Open SAFE 2 SAVE each time you start driving to earn points (or activate the Auto-On feature so that it will open automatically as you drive).
2) You can still use your music and maps apps that utilize Bluetooth. Simply, press the orange “Open Maps” button on the Points or Maps page to utilize your favorite Maps app without receiving “Don’t Tech & Drive” notifications.
3) Redeem your points for rewards at your favorite restaurant or business.
4) Start a competition with your friends or family to earn the most points.
5) Please send any feedback or questions to email@example.com.
SAFE 2 SAVE is currently expanding to new territories. Patent Pending.
Other various improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t get this app if you live in Austin
This app has a great concept and I love using it and gaining points when I drive but there is only 5 Things available in Austin, TX. I’m a girl and they recently added a place where men can get their hair cut? This does not benefit many people using the app. They also have aceable on there which is great! I am using aceable right now to get my license and I wish I would’ve known about the discount when I first got aceable! Although having aceable is great there is really nothing else in the Austin Area to use it on, so I won’t be using this app anymore along with many people in Austin because there is nothing really to gain points for. I requested a couple different things on the app, I’m not really sure how those work so I’m hopeful that they reach out to places in Austin! But if nothing more gets added to the Austin Area there is no real reason for people in Austin to use this app, which is unfortunate since it seemed like such a great idea/concept.
Developer Response ,
We are excited to let you know that Blaze Pizza was added in Austin a couple of months ago and La Madeleine was added a couple of weeks ago. Plus, we have more businesses coming online in Austin soon! So keep earning those points!
I've been using this app for a year now and absolutely love it! It's really helped me to change my bad habit of texting and driving and I love that I get prizes for doing something that I should be doing anyway. I also like that it doesn't track me in a creepy way or invade my privacy like some of the other insurance apps do. The early version had some bugs that other users mentioned but those have been worked out for a while now and I never have any problems with it. Awesome app! Would love to see it in other states for all of my out of town family who want to use it too.
8 year daughter helps keep me accountable
My 8 yr old daughter is one the biggest advocates of Safe 2 Save. When we get in the car, she always reminds me of 2 things! She’ll say Dad, put your seat belt on. Then without hesitation she asks for my phone, and turns on the app. A few years ago we were on our way home and saw a wreck happen in front of us. Ever since then she’s been vigilant about car safety and she makes sure that we are using Safe 2 Save. She also chooses where we use our points :-)
- SAFE 2 SAVE LLC
- 45.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2016 SAFE 2 SAVE, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.