This app builds and certifies Safe Food Handler skills to meet FDA, State, and ANSI standards.
• Download and run the Safe Food Handler mobile app on your iPhone or iPad
• Register and create an account
• Pay the license fee of $15 (Discounted for Team Path group participants). The program trial is free.
EARNING THE CERTIFICATE AND EBADGE.
There are three great paths to program completion. The FAST PATH, MASTER PATH, and TEAM PATH recognize the different training needs people have.
1. FAST PATH
The Fast Path is how an experienced food handler most efficiently completes the certificate program.
• First, they must use the quiz feature on at least four of the seven levels of instruction. This demonstrates subject knowledge.
• They may then take the 40-question exam. They pass with a score of at least 70%, and thereby earn the certificate.
2. MASTER PATH
The Master Path is how a new food handler builds great expertise. Learning Accelerators boost mastery of all seven levels of course instruction.
• Coins and peeks that streamline course-info lookup and learning
• Level skill calculations that show exam readiness for each course-instruction level
• Quiz time tracking that develops confidence and speedy recall
3. TEAM PATH
When the app is used by a group of people, they use the Team Path. Team Tools enhance group play, and support individual use of the Fast Path and Master Path features.
The Team Path is recommended for any group with a shared interest in food safety. From a few friends and coworkers, or businesses and classrooms of hundreds of people.
WHAT'S IT COST?
Use the app for free at the first two learning levels. Check out the features and the fit for you. When you want to advance or take a certification exam, pay the $15 license fee. If you use Team Tools to add others to your training game, then the fee is discounted to as little as $10. You must pay the license fee before you can earn the course certificate.
WHAT SUBJECTS ARE COVERED?
The course covers the subjects needed to be certified as a Safe Food Handler. The learning objectives align to California and other state codes. And the instructional material is primarily sourced from the USDA 2013 Food Code. There are seven levels of course instruction.
o Food-borne Illness
o Time/Temp Control for Safety
o Employee Hygiene
o Receiving Food
o Storing Food
o Preparing & Serving Food
o Cleaning & Sanitizing
SUPPORT, COMPLAINT, and APPEALS
As part of ANSI accreditation, we actively maintain policy and procedure on providing ready support, and effectively managing and complaints or appeals. Within the app, you can use the Support & Feedback to send messages to us. Or you may just email us at email@example.com
Best wishes for GREAT training!
The Safe Food Handler Team
This version contains some usability fixes. The user image is now constrained to an aspect ratio that looks good on the printed badge. The workflow was clarified when a user wants to take an Exam again to earn a more recent data of validation, or to change their user image or name.
Ratings and Reviews
Couldn't get in to do anything
Unfortunately I couldn't get passed sign in so this app was worthless to me.
- Cogneti LLC
- 50 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright 2016 Cogneti LLC All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Safe Food Handler License for Tier1 Game $14.99
- Safe Food Handler License for Tier 2 Game $11.99
- Safe Food Handler License for Tier 3 Game $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.