Too drunk to drive means too drunk for complicated apps.
SaferRide is the simplest possible way to get home safe and only has three self-explanatory buttons on the Home screen.
• Choose from a list of available taxi services in your area, and with the tap of a button call them.
• Call a pre-programmed contact.
• If you just need to know where you are, you can bring up a map of your current location.
SaferRide was developed by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). NHTSA is dedicated to saving lives by reducing the number of deaths and injuries on our nation’s roadways. Each year on average, more than 10,000 people are killed by drunk drivers.
So please help end drunk driving by doing your part: don’t drive if you’ve been drinking. Use NHTSA’s SaferRide app to get home safely.
For more information, visit http://www.NHTSA.gov/DriveSober
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NHTSA
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/@nhtsagov
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
An awesome app
I like the simple ease of use with this app. A suggestion- you should be able to add more than one person to the "call a friend" feature. That way if the first person doesn't answer you know you can call others for help and still stay in the app. Hope to see this soon!
Simple, handy, easy-to-use. Just what folks who've had a few need to get home safely.
Very user-friendly and not too complicated.
- NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION
- 16.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.