Sailboat Race Starter - Regatta Timer
By James Eskew
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
--- Half price for a limited time!! ---
Sailboat Race Starter is an ISAF Countdown Timer for racing sailboats. It is the #1 sailing app in the App Store and the best selling racing timer in over 30 countries!
- Includes sync feature which allows you to calibrate your time with the race committee if you miss the warning signal.
- Audible alerts and vibration as timer approaches race start.
- Mark both ends of the start line using integrated GPS and the app will determine how far away from the line you are, and how long it will take to get there. The FIRST and ONLY app in the App Store to offer this feature.
- Screen stays alive and will not go to sleep during start sequence, unlike similar copycat apps.
- BIG display is designed to help you find information at a glance in bright sunlight.
- NO ADVERTISEMENTS!
- Time the race after start sequence, by popular request!
As featured on Apple iTunes' New & Noteworthy section, Hot Trends section, and NPR.
"An essential sailing app." - Sail Magazine
"The one app that got our attention." - Scuttlebutt Sailing Club
"One of the top ten sailing apps for iPhone and iPad" - theappwhisperer.com
What's New in Version 1.7
- Updated for iOS 8 and the beautiful new iPhones with larger displays.
- Fresh app icon.
Like the app and the included functionality to mark / time the starting line. It would be cool if the flags appeared in the last 5 minutes of any timer amount or in the increments for each class start. For example, I could set the timer at the beginning of the regatta for 25 minutes to coincide with the start of my class. Within the last 5 minutes, the flags and notification (even the timing to start line). for starting sequence would display. Better yet, it would be good to see them for each 5 minute starting sequence within the 25 minutes along with a sound or alert on screen. Just suggestions - no complaints b
Save your money!
I selected this one because it shows the distance and time to the line between the committee boat and the pin.
One would logically expect that when you press the Mark Pin button, the app jumps to a map where you touch the pin location, with an option to enter lat-long coordinates.
But no. It instantly marks your current spot! Same for the committee boat.
So, while you're trying to get started and you're in the tenth class out of about 12, with more than a hundred boats playing dodge-em ahead of you in earlier classes, and you're trying to get the boat ready, this app expects you to sail right up to BOTH the boat and the pin! Seriously? Not where I race!
I figured it was the most expensive starting app to pay for the extra work of the mapping feature. The current method is worthless to me.
It's a nice timer but no better that the free ones.
Don't waste your money on this one unless you can sail right up to both starting points while all the other classes are crossing the line every five minutes.
It MUST let me enter those positions! Get a free one until it includes that feature.